FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[Q] Bluetooth streaming not display track information on car stereo

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By evenstevens, Junior Member on 3rd May 2014, 03:16 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th May 2014, 02:07 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Tried resetting the head unit - no luck.

Are there any ROMs that implement AVRCP 1.4 that I could test?

11th May 2014, 03:26 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member

More
I installed CM11 on my Nexus 7 and paired that up.

No luck through Google Music BUT through Poweramp it displays track information perfectly... The plot thickens.
20th May 2015, 08:57 PM |#13  

More
Any updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstevens

I installed CM11 on my Nexus 7 and paired that up.

No luck through Google Music BUT through Poweramp it displays track information perfectly... The plot thickens.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would check and see if any progress has been made? I just purchased a kenwood receiver and I am not getting any track info from Play Music, Pandora, or iHeart radio. I'm baffled as it is a *somewhat* modern phone and a new receiver, I am shocked and frustrated that something simple like ID tags are not displayed.
20th May 2015, 09:02 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travillion

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would check and see if any progress has been made? I just purchased a kenwood receiver and I am not getting any track info from Play Music, Pandora, or iHeart radio. I'm baffled as it is a *somewhat* modern phone and a new receiver, I am shocked and frustrated that something simple like ID tags are not displayed.

Unfortunately no. I've just come to live with it now. Even after the Lollipop update, I get absolutely no track info on all my music apps. iPhones still work fine. Super annoying!
20th May 2015, 09:10 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstevens

Unfortunately no. I've just come to live with it now. Even after the Lollipop update, I get absolutely no track info on all my music apps. iPhones still work fine. Super annoying!

Thank you for taking the time to respond, even though that is sad news. It seems that what phones work with which receivers is somewhat arbitrary, which boggles my mind. I've read plenty of threads elsewhere where the N5 did provide track info and it was other phones that didn't. But alas, that is not the case with our setups, apparently. I just saw that 5.1.1 OTAs were going out. Crossing my fingers for the unlikely chance that this is a fluke bug that will be fixed with the update....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread