Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth will not turn on...

Tip us?

SWBgHz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bluetooth will not turn on...

Just got a replacement N5 from Google for a warranty issue and after full re-root and setup I went to get in the car today and use bluetooth and I noticed a problem. Bluetooth will not turn on. Tapping the slider moves the position to on but it remains greyed out and, in fact, off. I tried a restore of the bluetooth share and pairings from Titanium backup and that just hung and never completed. I can always factory reset it but I hate to go back through that ... anyone got a way to 're-install' bluetooth and save a reset and reconfiguring for me?

Docarut
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBgHz View Post
Just got a replacement N5 from Google for a warranty issue and after full re-root and setup I went to get in the car today and use bluetooth and I noticed a problem. Bluetooth will not turn on. Tapping the slider moves the position to on but it remains greyed out and, in fact, off. I tried a restore of the bluetooth share and pairings from Titanium backup and that just hung and never completed. I can always factory reset it but I hate to go back through that ... anyone got a way to 're-install' bluetooth and save a reset and reconfiguring for me?
This apparently has been problem for Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. One poster from android central posted this for his Nexus 4:

I called Google technical support and they found a solution for me.
-In your Nexus 4, go to parameters/Applications/All/Bluetooth
-Here: erase cache, data and updates.
-Resart your phone.

In Nexus 5 Settings>Apps>All>Bluetooth Share. There you might try Clear data and Clear cache.

Got nothing to lose. Hope it works. I cannot test it myself since my Bluetooth is working.
The Following User Says Thank You to Docarut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SWBgHz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the suggestion. I had looked around and saw a couple mentions loosely similar related to the N4 but wasn't sure if same applied to N5. Looking though ... I do not have a bluetooth share app installed. That must be the issue, anyone got a way to re-install that Bluetooth Share, seems my backups from Titanium won't restore it.

Docarut
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Found thread where someone had your issue and solved it with reset.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...tooth-t2595761

Maybe you could do backup to PC and get this restored with reset.

I know it is a PITA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Docarut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SWBgHz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I figured a reset would square it away, was just hoping to find a way to avoid that if I could. I suppose next w/e I will reset if I don't find another way to get BY back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

joannn
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBgHz View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I had looked around and saw a couple mentions loosely similar related to the N4 but wasn't sure if same applied to N5. Looking though ... I do not have a bluetooth share app installed. That must be the issue, anyone got a way to re-install that Bluetooth Share, seems my backups from Titanium won't restore it.
It is working in Nexus 5 same as N4, Go ahead same way it will work

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xrepair‎
The Following User Says Thank You to joannn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SWBgHz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried, but there is no Bluetooth Share app installed that I can see in the program manager.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

SWBgHz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joannn View Post
When I run this app, it says no BT folder found. Seems the issue is that somehow this BT Share app just isn't there.

hiwye
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Another fix...

I know you already solved your problem, but I thought for people like me, who have found this thread later on, I'd just sign up to XDA and post my fix.

I didn't want to do a hard reset, so I played around with the "Bluetooth-Share"-thing in the Android app manager.

I cleared the cache and the data, that didn't do anything, even after a reboot I couldn't get the Bluetooth toggle from beging greyed out.

After that, I found that button at the very top right, that is labeled as " Uninstall Updates" or something like that. I tapped it and tapped OK at the following prompt. Where the "Uninstall Updates" button was before, should now be a greyed out "Disable" button. Then you need to reboot.

Try to enable Bluetooth. The toggle should turn blue after a few seconds as usual. Bluetooth should work normally now.

I hope my post helped anybody,
-hiwye