FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] Bluetooth will not turn on...

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By SWBgHz, Member on 28th April 2014, 02:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th June 2015, 04:54 PM |#11  
Flag Ansonia
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodeje79

I am not having any luck. My bluetooh stopped working after doing a hard reset. Please note I've never rooted or flashed a ROM, or unlocked boot loader or anything. My N4 and N5 have always been completely stock.

I've tried everything in this thread, except I am not sure what hiwye is talking about as I cannot find an uninstall updates. I went ahead and tried another factory restore/wipe and still have same issue. I hit toggle to turn Bluetooth on, it then immediately toggles back to off.

Just as a side note, my bluetooh was working fine until the factory wipe/reset. I did the reset in an attempt to fix a sim card slot issue, that is also still not resolved. Upon restarting my phone, I get "no sim card" message. I got a new sim card and also confirmed the sim card works fine in other phones..... i can turn off, pop it out and back in and boot it again. sometimes it will see the sim card again. It may take 20 times, but finally work..... I should probably start a new thread on the sim card thing, but wondering if my motherboard needs replaced.....

I get the same Sim card missing screen I have tried a new sprint Sim and same issue. They way I have been fixing it is to pop off back cover and where the vibration motor sits (stays attached to cover) I put my finger in the hole and squeeze the 2 parts together and hold tight till it finishes booting and it will see the card. I'm not sure what's exactly the problem is but it works as temp fix and will stay until the next reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

12th June 2015, 05:21 PM |#12  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31ken31

I get the same Sim card missing screen I have tried a new sprint Sim and same issue. They way I have been fixing it is to pop off back cover and where the vibration motor sits (stays attached to cover) I put my finger in the hole and squeeze the 2 parts together and hold tight till it finishes booting and it will see the card. I'm not sure what's exactly the problem is but it works as temp fix and will stay until the next reboot.

can you take a pic of where you apply pressure?

Any other issues? My bluetooth still doesnt work.
12th June 2015, 08:10 PM |#13  
Flag Ansonia
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodeje79

can you take a pic of where you apply pressure?

Any other issues? My bluetooth still doesnt work.

Only device so doing it and taking PUC not gonna happen let me look up some images and I'll post them its not that difficult if you have had the back cover off before its very obvious where motor is. The motor is literally just under the flash led. Pop off cover starting at the top and slowly down each side with a guitar pick there is a tiny bit of adhesive at the bottom of rear cover about where the soft keys are when phone is on. Peel that up slow and you will see the vibration motor stuck to rear cover. See the space it came out of and put finger in that hole. And other finger opposite the first one on the glass and squeeze.... Not crazy so you break screen. Don't take much pressure. Start light and boot it. Says no Sim, try again with a little more pressure. When it first happened I googled sh*t for 2 days and couldn't find a fix. And this worked when I tried and a few reboots after. I shut phone off or battery dies I gotta do it to get Sim recognized.

Last edited by 31ken31; 12th June 2015 at 08:17 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread