5,600,919 Members 42,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth Voice Command prompts not loud enough / Nexus 5 and Pioneer CD-BTB200

Tip us?

sutobe
Old
(Last edited by sutobe; 29th December 2013 at 03:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Bluetooth Voice Command prompts not loud enough / Nexus 5 and Pioneer CD-BTB200

Hey,

I am having trouble with my Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adapter, which is a common problem, according to the very few available threads on the internet.

This also didn't work with any other Smartphone before i.e. Samsung S3 or Blackberry Bold 9700.

Cliffnotes:

-pairing, media streaming (different source) and receiving and making calls works great! No issues there

-transfering the contact list results in a big mess, I have to dig in there if I can figure it out or if I just transfer one contact after another....

-now for the problem.......I installed Cyberon Voice Commander because it gives me the best behaviour and voice recognition since I am a native German speaker. Google, Dragon and AIVC don't work really well. But it doesn't matter which voice assist app I use, because it is the Bluetooth adapters fault. The Nexus 5 is rooted and runs stock Kernel with KitKat 4.4.2.

When I press the voice dial button on my Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD deck it activates the Cyberon Voice Commander app (or whichever is set as default). so far so good, that is what I want.

But! the dialog between me and the phone is almost impossible because the output volume over the car speakers is way to low. I have to literally pick up the phone and look at it's display to see what the voice commanding app is doing because you have to wait until it is finished asking what I want to do. (just holding a phone is illegal in Germany)

Assuming the app understood me right and starts dialing everything turns to be fine from that point because the volume of the actual call is perfect!

When the phone talks back to me I have to crank the volume all the way up to understand it a little bit and then turn it back down fast before the phone call starts or it'll blow the speakers out....since my car is quite loud when on temperature I don't think I will understand anything when I am driving.

I heard that the app TASKER could be programmed to raise the Bluetooth volume at a certain point and then lower it again. I checked but it only goes up to 15, which I already have set before with the stock volume slider. Additionally I have no idea how to configure Tasker to (maybe) get rid of the problem.

Has anyone ever heard of a similar problem and / or has an idea how to handle it?

Again, it's only the voice command prompts that are way to quiet when I start the voice dialing function via Bluetooth, everything else is fine.

sutobe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Fixed the issue with SoundAbout!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utingfix&hl=de

Now the voice prompts play loud and clear over the car speakers! Every other volume managing app failed miserably!

I used the latest Beta Version btw, going to buy the Pro Version soon.

http://soundabout.userboard.net/f8-d...-beta-versions

I did very little changes to the settings, if anyone is interested I can hook you up with some screenshots