Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Blurry photos at dark party.

OP 0perat0r

24th February 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
More
I'm using my nexus 5 out of the box. 4.4.2, not rooted. Everything is great except the other night I tried to shoot some photos at a dark party. friends were dancing. I snapped couple of photos and result ? all blurry. Tried changing scene mode but no luck.

Any help on that ?

Note: camera is fine when i'm taking stable object photos at night. Problem is night and movement together.
24th February 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #2  

29 posts
make sure your lens is clean on the back of the phone
24th February 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,843

26,233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0perat0r

I'm using my nexus 5 out of the box. 4.4.2, not rooted. Everything is great except the other night I tried to shoot some photos at a dark party. friends were dancing. I snapped couple of photos and result ? all blurry. Tried changing scene mode but no luck.

Any help on that ?

Note: camera is fine when i'm taking stable object photos at night. Problem is night and movement together.

a certain principle of photography, it needs light to take photos. dark lighting and movement equal blur. proper lighting and movement equal crisp beautiful photos. you need the right lighting for the right shot, period. thats the problem when these amateur blogs review cameras phones, they arent photographers and dont really know how to use a camera properly.

Last edited by simms22; 25th February 2014 at 12:00 AM.
25th February 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 324

1,283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

a certain principle of photography, it needs light to take photos. dark lighting and movement equal blur. proper lighting and movement equal crisp beautiful photos. you need the right lighting for the right shot, period. thats the problem when these amateur blogs review cameras phones, they arent photographers and dont really know how to use a camera properly.

This the solution is to bring a 1000W Spotlight to the party
The Following User Says Thank You to markdapimp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Istanbul

45 posts
More
Lens is clean no problem with that lol. I realized that the problem is with the camera app itself. It is a bit slow at night photos and i admit that it is perfect on stable objects.

I installed Focal beta on my nexus now it takes perfect night ptohos with moving objects. Snaps fast and also you can open your flash before snapping your photo.
25th February 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #6  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 195

802 posts
More
Quote:

Lens is clean no problem with that lol. I realized that the problem is with the camera app itself. It is a bit slow at night photos and i admit that it is perfect on stable objects.

I installed Focal beta on my nexus now it takes perfect night ptohos with moving objects. Snaps fast and also you can open your flash before snapping your photo.

also look into Jinsu Camera Mod http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516061
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Istanbul

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

also look into Jinsu Camera Mod http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516061

thanks for info, I noted this mode.
25th February 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 149

618 posts
Quote:

Any help on that ?

Are you using HDR+ mode? If so, try without it.
25th February 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Istanbul

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14

Are you using HDR+ mode? If so, try without it.

HDR+ was off ofcourse still no luck with stock camera app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread