5,605,685 Members 48,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Blurry photos at dark party.

Tip us?

0perat0r
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Blurry photos at dark party.

I'm using my nexus 5 out of the box. 4.4.2, not rooted. Everything is great except the other night I tried to shoot some photos at a dark party. friends were dancing. I snapped couple of photos and result ? all blurry. Tried changing scene mode but no luck.

Any help on that ?

Note: camera is fine when i'm taking stable object photos at night. Problem is night and movement together.
Phone: HTC HD2
Rom: NexusHD2 4.2.2 JB v2.3
Confession: I have ORD

dferg
Old
Thanks Meter 3
make sure your lens is clean on the back of the phone

simms22
Old
(Last edited by simms22; 25th February 2014 at 12:00 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0perat0r View Post
I'm using my nexus 5 out of the box. 4.4.2, not rooted. Everything is great except the other night I tried to shoot some photos at a dark party. friends were dancing. I snapped couple of photos and result ? all blurry. Tried changing scene mode but no luck.

Any help on that ?

Note: camera is fine when i'm taking stable object photos at night. Problem is night and movement together.
a certain principle of photography, it needs light to take photos. dark lighting and movement equal blur. proper lighting and movement equal crisp beautiful photos. you need the right lighting for the right shot, period. thats the problem when these amateur blogs review cameras phones, they arent photographers and dont really know how to use a camera properly.

Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
a certain principle of photography, it needs light to take photos. dark lighting and movement equal blur. proper lighting and movement equal crisp beautiful photos. you need the right lighting for the right shot, period. thats the problem when these amateur blogs review cameras phones, they arent photographers and dont really know how to use a camera properly.

This the solution is to bring a 1000W Spotlight to the party
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to markdapimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

0perat0r
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Lens is clean no problem with that lol. I realized that the problem is with the camera app itself. It is a bit slow at night photos and i admit that it is perfect on stable objects.

I installed Focal beta on my nexus now it takes perfect night ptohos with moving objects. Snaps fast and also you can open your flash before snapping your photo.

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Lens is clean no problem with that lol. I realized that the problem is with the camera app itself. It is a bit slow at night photos and i admit that it is perfect on stable objects.

I installed Focal beta on my nexus now it takes perfect night ptohos with moving objects. Snaps fast and also you can open your flash before snapping your photo.
also look into Jinsu Camera Mod http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516061
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

0perat0r
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
thanks for info, I noted this mode.

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:

Any help on that ?

Are you using HDR+ mode? If so, try without it.

0perat0r
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14 View Post
Are you using HDR+ mode? If so, try without it.
HDR+ was off ofcourse still no luck with stock camera app.