5,599,677 Members 45,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone bought a N5 ballistic case?

Tip us?

CanadaBry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Has anyone bought a N5 ballistic case?

I have been looking to buy a good case for my N5 and remembered that my friend bought a Ballistic case for his N4. I've been trying to look for a review for the N5 version but can't seem to find one and was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience with one.

sohail77
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBry View Post
I have been looking to buy a good case for my N5 and remembered that my friend bought a Ballistic case for his N4. I've been trying to look for a review for the N5 version but can't seem to find one and was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience with one.
I guess this thread should be moved to accessories section

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Silas0220
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I was under the impression they hadn't quite been released yet. The one for the N4 was nice, but way too bulky for me. And the rubbery corners always got stuck on my pocket. I like the Acase much better

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sent from my Saturn V rocket.

Current Phone: Google Nexus 5

Previous Phones: HTC Inspire 4G, Blackberry Torch, Samsung Focus Flash, Motorola Atrix 2, Sony Xperia ion, LG Nexus 4

"Ad astra"

BCSC
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBry View Post
My review here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post48559285
Flashing ROMs - 60% of the time, it works every time!

/_-------------------------There it is. Go on and click it.

Devhux
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quite happy with my Ballistic case for my Nexus 5. It does add some bulk, but if you're used to that with the N4 Ballistic case I can't see how this would be bothersome.

No issues with taking it out of my pocket and having the rubber bumpers getting stuck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
I use a Ballistic Aspira series case. Good build quality, good protection, not overly bulky, and adds a little more natural curve to the back of the phone that makes it more comfortable to hold.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ?

UncleMike
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I had the Ballistic SG Maxx case on a Nexus 5 that I was testing and found the outer hard shell to be far to slick for me to get a reasonable grip on the device. I also found the included screen protector didn't sit properly on the screen, leaving a gap between the protector and the screen, except at the edges. My final issue was that the belt clip hardly opened at all, and wouldn't close all the way around a typical leather belt.

That said, I thought the case itself offered great protection for the phone and seemed like it could really take a beating.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I had the Ballistic SG Maxx case on a Nexus 5 that I was testing and found the outer hard shell to be far to slick for me to get a reasonable grip on the device. I also found the included screen protector didn't sit properly on the screen, leaving a gap between the protector and the screen, except at the edges. My final issue was that the belt clip hardly opened at all, and wouldn't close all the way around a typical leather belt.

That said, I thought the case itself offered great protection for the phone and seemed like it could really take a beating.