5,595,815 Members 37,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bought a Nexus 5 ..... phone blacklisted 2 weeks later.

Tip us?

declan8888
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Highly unlikely somebody would be able to fabric a receipt.. I would know from phone shop experience.

This happened to me once.. If you have the genuine receipt, take a screenshot of the ad, and get all the info on the guy who scammed you as you can.
Take all this paperwork to the network and prove he sold you the phone. They will unblacklist it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Don't be hesitant to call and try to get it figured out. You can't be charged for buying/dealing in stolen property if you truly did not know it was stolen. The mental intent to buy a stolen device would be needed for you to actually commit a crime. However, now that you know the rig is hot, you should to contact the carrier to try and get everything worked out. And as far as all this mumbo jumbo about the receipt....receipts don't mean a whole lot when you consider the fact that modern thieves are very capable of forging authentic looking receipts when they deal in stolen property to take advantage of innocent customers like the OP. Good luck man.

Superpopsss
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I am in the same situation.

Bought it on craigslist used for a couple of weeks, doesn't work anymore. Imei has been blacklisted...
In Canada to...

Tried it with my fido sim it doesn't work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-N-Panic View Post
Don't be hesitant to call and try to get it figured out. You can't be charged for buying/dealing in stolen property if you truly did not know it was stolen. The mental intent to buy a stolen device would be needed for you to actually commit a crime. However, now that you know the rig is hot, you should to contact the carrier to try and get everything worked out. And as far as all this mumbo jumbo about the receipt....receipts don't mean a whole lot when you consider the fact that modern thieves are very capable of forging authentic looking receipts when they deal in stolen property to take advantage of innocent customers like the OP. Good luck man.
Precisely my point, which seems to be lost on some posters here.