Tip us?

BrightLancer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] Did I brick my Nexus 5?

Hello...

I have a horrible question. Did I ruin my Nexus 5? The short story, or just the problem I am having is that the phone is "Boot Looping", it launches as far as the 4-color animation, restarts, and repeats.

I downloaded WugFresh's toolkit and attempted to flash to stock. At this point the phone was on and operating, but the radio didn't seem to be working properly after I attempted to return to stock using a guide on youtube. When using this guide I got as far as the final command, fastboot -w update image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip. Every time I attempted to run this command a dialog box would inform me that fastboot had stopped working. So I attempted to use the toolkit Provided by WugFresh. I selected the option for a phone that was on and functioning and clicked "Flash Stock + Unroot. Everything went as I expected until it seemed to stop working, and the command window said: "erasing userdata". It would I left it like this over night and the phone was NOT booting.

I now am attempting to "Force Flash" with Wug's kit. But it's hanging on "writing system".

Can anyone advise me on what I should do next? Is my device completely bricked? What are my options?

BrightLancer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I am going to try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513937 I am going to assume that WugFresh's toolkit will NEVER finish "writing system".

I still seek council.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2257
I would try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47156064

I don't like tool kits and one click methods

When it's writing system how long do you give it? It can take like 5 minutes
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tom540
Old
(Last edited by Tom540; 11th December 2013 at 09:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightLancer View Post
I downloaded WugFresh's toolkit and attempted to flash to stock.
That's why you should NEVER ever use a toolkit, I've seen too many instances just like this.

Use this guide to flash factory images, it's stickied in the general section :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701

Edit: As long as your phone can boot to the Google logo/fastboot, its all recoverable, so don't stress. And in many cases it can be recovered even if you can't get to the Google logo

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom540 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrightLancer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I would try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47156064

I don't like tool kits and one click methods

When it's writing system how long do you give it? It can take like 5 minutes
I gave it more than 2 hours. :/

I will try your link. I have had no success with method in the link I posted.

BrightLancer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I just tried the method you suggested (above poster) and once again it seems to be unable to get past 'erasing "userdata""...

BrightLancer
Old
(Last edited by BrightLancer; 11th December 2013 at 11:32 PM.) Reason: Thank you for the re-assurance!
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I just tried erasing "userdata" with the "fastboot -w" and it appeared to be working... until fastboot stopped working and launched a windows dialog box as previously described. I read in a different thread, regarding a nexus 7 with a similar issue, that using a different computer with fresh drivers, solved the issue... Anyone have any ideas what is preventing userdata from being erased? Or maybe that is not my issue... Rawr!

Let's solve this!!! Come on guys! Guys?

Humor aside, I appreciate the suggestions so far.

Any one else have any ideas?

Edit: Thank you for the reassurance!

AndroidAndroid88
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Can you boot into your coustom recovery/ normal recovery (Volume down and power, keep holding them till you see a menu) if you can do that you're fine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 5
HTC Sensation

BrightLancer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I fixed it... I used a different computer, an idea I got from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2424390

I appreciate all the help and I hope that someone wiser than I can isolate exactly what the problem is... Dome kind of driver issue if I know anything...

I really appreciate the quick and sincere replies to my questions and I look forward to being a part of the community.

-Kevin