Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked device?

Tip us?

Potetsjokolade
Old
(Last edited by Potetsjokolade; 11th February 2014 at 06:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Bricked device?

Hello, I think I've bricked my device...

I had Google Play issues, error 403, 920, 923, so I tried a fullwipe which I had used without any problems on my Desire HD. But I've encountered big issues on my Nexus 5...

It's stuck in bootloop, but I can get it to fastboot and recovery. I can't get it to mount USB-OTG (think that's wiped)

It won't show up in ADB (I am in fastboot), worked BEOFORE I flashed Custom Recovery (it broke after I installed), and did not work before I got all the errors. I can sideload CM11, but flashing wont help.

Any thoughts?

I'll try to get adb to work in fastboot, reinstalling drivers etc....

Thanks!

EDIT: Here is the zip i flashed do a full wipe. So you scriptheads know what messed things up

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potetsjokolade View Post

I had Google Play issues, error 403, 920, 923, so I tried a fullwipe which I had used without any problems on my Desire HD. But I've encountered big issues on my Nexus 5...

It's stuck in bootloop, but I can get it to fastboot and recovery. I can't get it to mount USB-OTG (think that's wiped)

It won't show up in ADB (I am in fastboot), worked BEOFORE I flashed Custom Recovery (it broke after I installed), and did not work before I got all the errors. I can sideload CM11, but flashing wont help.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Make sure you are using a recovery designed for the Nexus 5, and not the one you used on your old phone. Link is in my signature.

Flash factory images (return to stock). Link in signature.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

jd1639
Old
(Last edited by jd1639; 11th February 2014 at 07:14 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3060
Quote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

EDIT: Here is the zip i flashed do a full wipe. So you scriptheads know what messed things up
You wiped your os. You either need to side load a zip with adb. Or return to stock with the factory image

Edit, what did you use a script to wipe your device for? That's crazy, especially since it's not for the n5. You may be hosed because that script messes with a whole bunch of partitions which I'm sure don't align with the n5

Potetsjokolade
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
You wiped your os. You either need to side load a zip with adb. Or return to stock with the factory image

Edit, what did you use a script to wipe your device for? That's crazy, especially since it's not for the n5. You may be hosed because that script messes with a whole bunch of partitions which I'm sure don't align with the n5
haha, I know, I wanted to wipe the device (get it?). I was affraid I had wiped the adb drivers on my n5 (lol), I got adb in fastboot to work, and I flashed stock image. Everything works now.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3060
Quote:
haha, I know, I wanted to wipe the device (get it?). I was affraid I had wiped the adb drivers on my n5 (lol), I got adb in fastboot to work, and I flashed stock image. Everything works now.
Glad it's working. You dodged a bullet. I'm sure you won't do that again.

P.Mobile
Old
Thanks Meter 935
that zip is not made for the N5... u cant flash wipe zips made for other phones
The Following User Says Thank You to P.Mobile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3691
Quote:
(snip) I got adb in fastboot to work, and I flashed stock image. Everything works now.
You mean you got FASTBOOT to work in the BOOTLOADER.

Sent from my Nexus 5

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 24
BTW these Google play issues were happening all day today. It wasn't your device.

sent from my hammerhead

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here