Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked device?

OP Potetsjokolade

11th February 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

121 posts
More
Hello, I think I've bricked my device...

I had Google Play issues, error 403, 920, 923, so I tried a fullwipe which I had used without any problems on my Desire HD. But I've encountered big issues on my Nexus 5...

It's stuck in bootloop, but I can get it to fastboot and recovery. I can't get it to mount USB-OTG (think that's wiped)

It won't show up in ADB (I am in fastboot), worked BEOFORE I flashed Custom Recovery (it broke after I installed), and did not work before I got all the errors. I can sideload CM11, but flashing wont help.

Any thoughts?

I'll try to get adb to work in fastboot, reinstalling drivers etc....

Thanks!

EDIT: Here is the zip i flashed do a full wipe. So you scriptheads know what messed things up
Last edited by Potetsjokolade; 11th February 2014 at 07:52 PM.
11th February 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,287

3,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potetsjokolade

I had Google Play issues, error 403, 920, 923, so I tried a fullwipe which I had used without any problems on my Desire HD. But I've encountered big issues on my Nexus 5...

It's stuck in bootloop, but I can get it to fastboot and recovery. I can't get it to mount USB-OTG (think that's wiped)

It won't show up in ADB (I am in fastboot), worked BEOFORE I flashed Custom Recovery (it broke after I installed), and did not work before I got all the errors. I can sideload CM11, but flashing wont help.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Make sure you are using a recovery designed for the Nexus 5, and not the one you used on your old phone. Link is in my signature.

Flash factory images (return to stock). Link in signature.
11th February 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,897

11,181 posts
Quote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

EDIT: Here is the zip i flashed do a full wipe. So you scriptheads know what messed things up

You wiped your os. You either need to side load a zip with adb. Or return to stock with the factory image

Edit, what did you use a script to wipe your device for? That's crazy, especially since it's not for the n5. You may be hosed because that script messes with a whole bunch of partitions which I'm sure don't align with the n5
Last edited by jd1639; 11th February 2014 at 08:14 PM.
11th February 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You wiped your os. You either need to side load a zip with adb. Or return to stock with the factory image

Edit, what did you use a script to wipe your device for? That's crazy, especially since it's not for the n5. You may be hosed because that script messes with a whole bunch of partitions which I'm sure don't align with the n5

haha, I know, I wanted to wipe the device (get it?). I was affraid I had wiped the adb drivers on my n5 (lol), I got adb in fastboot to work, and I flashed stock image. Everything works now.
11th February 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,897

11,181 posts
Quote:

haha, I know, I wanted to wipe the device (get it?). I was affraid I had wiped the adb drivers on my n5 (lol), I got adb in fastboot to work, and I flashed stock image. Everything works now.

Glad it's working. You dodged a bullet. I'm sure you won't do that again.
11th February 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #6  
Flag RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
Thanks Meter: 936

4,341 posts
More
that zip is not made for the N5... u cant flash wipe zips made for other phones
The Following User Says Thank You to P.Mobile For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,556

3,944 posts
More
Quote:

(snip) I got adb in fastboot to work, and I flashed stock image. Everything works now.

You mean you got FASTBOOT to work in the BOOTLOADER.

Sent from my Nexus 5
12th February 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #8  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 28

401 posts
More
BTW these Google play issues were happening all day today. It wasn't your device.

sent from my hammerhead

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread