Tip us?

spwyatt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Have I bricked my N5?

I hope not!

Here's what happened.

I booted into Recovery, and then selected the one that gives you the Android on his back. I realised this was the wrong one; the menu (up/down volume) that gives you the option for reboot, ADB sideload mode, etc seemed unresponsive, so I held down volume up and down, and power, to attempt to reboot into recovery.

And from that moment on... nothing. The phone won't even turn on. No sign of life whatsoever, Holding down the power button, volume keys, short/long presses.... all combinations, and it's dead as a dodo.

Help! What have I done?!

elliot.newnham
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by spwyatt View Post
I hope not!

Here's what happened.

I booted into Recovery, and then selected the one that gives you the Android on his back. I realised this was the wrong one; the menu (up/down volume) that gives you the option for reboot, ADB sideload mode, etc seemed unresponsive, so I held down volume up and down, and power, to attempt to reboot into recovery.

And from that moment on... nothing. The phone won't even turn on. No sign of life whatsoever, Holding down the power button, volume keys, short/long presses.... all combinations, and it's dead as a dodo.

Help! What have I done?!

I'd bet your battery died. Just charge it and you'll be fine.

Next time it's pow+vol down to get to fastboot.
Don't forget the Thanks button!

Jsparta26
Old
Thanks Meter 586
Quote:
I hope not!

Here's what happened.

Help! What have I done?!

So you can't get into fastboot mode? Wow, fastboot was your last chance. If you can't get fastboot mode then yes your n5 is toast. Not sure what you did before what you described but chances are now you'll need a RMA or someone with knowledge on JTAG because that's the only way your n5 can be saves now. Otherwise RMA it.
[/SIGPIC] How many noobs does it take to get the answers they want? I say 4. One to Attempt to use a PC. Second one to download the wrong files. Third one to brick their device. The 4th to come on here crying about his device being bricked.

ryanraven
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
I hope not!

Here's what happened.

Help! What have I done?!

Happened to me before chuck it on charge for half hour then hold all buttons for about 60 seconds if nothing happens RMA it.
Currently Looking At Devices

spwyatt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery was 60%+

All very weird but as I said it seems to have resolved itself now.

Good to learn something new though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliot.newnham View Post
I'd bet your battery died. Just charge it and you'll be fine.

Next time it's pow+vol down to get to fastboot.

elliot.newnham
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Battery was 60%+

Yeah, sometimes patience is key.

And batteries can be finicky. Especially when your messing around with the low end stuff.
Don't forget the Thanks button!

Asitaka
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Battery was 60%+

This has happened to me frequently, it's scary, but usually I can resolve it by holding power for 10+ seconds or plugging it in. This usually happens if I'm holding vol+/- before it fully turns off.