[Q] Bricked Nexus 5

Tip us?

Smragnol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bricked Nexus 5

Hello

I followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905 to root my new Nexus 5 and flashed this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528265 onto it, when I tried to boot it up it got stuck in the boot animation so I rebooted into recovery and wiped the data, cache partition and the dalvik cache and tried to boot it up and encountered the same problem so I went to reboot and it wont boot back up not even to the bootloader and when I plug it into my pc its unrecognized and wont even show charging animations

Did I brick my new phone?

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smragnol View Post
Hello

I followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905 to root my new Nexus 5 and flashed this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528265 onto it, when I tried to boot it up it got stuck in the boot animation so I rebooted into recovery and wiped the data, cache partition and the dalvik cache and tried to boot it up and encountered the same problem so I went to reboot and it wont boot back up not even to the bootloader and when I plug it into my pc its unrecognized and wont even show charging animations

Did I brick my new phone?
Press and hold volume up then connect usb cable, what the result?

Smragnol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
Press and hold volume up then connect usb cable, what the result?
same as above, nothin.

bitdomo
Old
(Last edited by bitdomo; 18th December 2013 at 10:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
same as above, nothin.
Then it is bricked , but I don't really understand how could fromating data, cache and dalvik cache destroy the bootloader . There must be something wrong those recoveries, because you are not the only one

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2277
Did you ever check the md5 of the rom you flashed? It could have been a corrupted download

malibu_23
Old
Thanks Meter 118
does your bootloader work? hold the vol up/down and power on boot. if u can get to the bootloader u can save it with wugs nexus tool.

Nexus 10/Galaxy Nexus
Both rooted and customized to my approved level of awesomeness...

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
does your bootloader work? hold the vol up/down and power on boot. if u can get to the bootloader u can save it with wugs nexus tool.
If you can get into bootloader you can save it without a tool kit.

jenenser83
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Do this if u can't go into recovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513937

But if u are able to go into recover, just flash any other rom, make sure you before flashing u do a factory data reset, and after finished wipe cache/dalvik always so u dont go into bootloops.

Smragnol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Through some miracle I was able to get to the bootloader (sat there and held the vol and power buttons for like 3 minutes while my pc dinged and donged as it disconnected and reconnected) but I'm unsure of what to do now. Should I keep trying to load a custom rom on it or just go back to stock? and either or how am I going to get the rom on the internal storage as its still not being recognized by my pc (but I do have fast boot access)

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2277
Quote:
Through some miracle I was able to get to the bootloader (sat there and held the vol and power buttons for like 3 minutes while my pc dinged and donged as it disconnected and reconnected) but I'm unsure of what to do now. Should I keep trying to load a custom rom on it or just go back to stock? and either or how am I going to get the rom on the internal storage as its still not being recognized by my pc (but I do have fast boot access)
I'd flash the factor image with fastboot and start all over