5,606,779 Members 38,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked Phone?

Tip us?
 
tonytouch311
Old
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2010
I was able to flash everything and it seemed successful. But, I can only get as far as GOOGLE and than it keeps rebooting.
 
El Daddy
Old
#12  
El Daddy's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2748
Posts: 3,148
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Roseville, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytouch311 View Post
I was able to flash everything and it seemed successful. But, I can only get as far as GOOGLE and than it keeps rebooting.
If that's the case it sounds like you may have knocked something loose internally when whatever happened that caused the damage to your screen. Possibly a solder point or a cable coming loose.
 
tonytouch311
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2010
Opened up the back cover, looks like condensation.....ill leave it alone for a few days and try again.
 
cancerfour69
Old
#14  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jan 2013
Angry Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytouch311 View Post
I was able to flash everything and it seemed successful. But, I can only get as far as GOOGLE and than it keeps rebooting.
Did u do another factory reset after last flash as this may need doing on some phones from what I've watched on good old YouTube...Good luck..
 
dicecuber
Old
(Last edited by KennyG123; 25th December 2013 at 04:09 PM.)
#15  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 521
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver
^Why would he factory reset when the phone is wet? You'll short circuit it that way..
 
tonytouch311
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2010
The only method of a factory reset I've read about was turning on in Recovery, waiting for the little android, and holding Vol + and Power. Thing is my phone would never get to the little android, just loop on the GOOGLE introduction. Is there another method to factory reset?
 
jd1639
Old
#17  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2279
Posts: 7,465
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytouch311 View Post
The only method of a factory reset I've read about was turning on in Recovery, waiting for the little android, and holding Vol + and Power. Thing is my phone would never get to the little android, just loop on the GOOGLE introduction. Is there another method to factory reset?
Turn your phone off. Then hold power + vol down. It should boot into the boot loader. You'll see a "start" Then use the vol rocker to toggle to recovery. Once there push the power button. You should be in recovery. Then use the vol rocker to toggle to factory reset. Then use power to select it.
 
tonytouch311
Old
#18  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Turn your phone off. Then hold power + vol down. It should boot into the boot loader. You'll see a "start" Then use the vol rocker to toggle to recovery. Once there push the power button. You should be in recovery. Then use the vol rocker to toggle to factory reset. Then use power to select it.
Thats the method I'm unable to use...I was hoping there might be a string of code I could type into a command prompt being that I can only turn on the phone into the boot loader.
 
jd1639
Old
(Last edited by jd1639; 24th December 2013 at 04:59 PM.)
#19  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2279
Posts: 7,465
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytouch311 View Post
Thats the method I'm unable to use...I was hoping there might be a string of code I could type into a command prompt being that I can only turn on the phone into the boot loader.
Try

fastboot reboot recovery

Edit, sorry that's not going to work. Find the stock recovery image. Then try

fastboot boot recovery.img
 
tonytouch311
Old
#20  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2010
So I was able to boot in recovery and factory reset, although the problem still persists. I will try and flash all images tomorrow. Thanks for all the help! Happy holidays!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...