Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Think I Bricked My Phone

Tip us?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2804
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsrfive View Post
Okay I'll do that. I have a question about downloading paranoid rom. If I flash that then flash franco, am I just adding franco to paranoid or am i going back to just franco?
First flash PA and straight after that Franco.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3047
Quote:
Okay I'll do that. I have a question about downloading paranoid rom. If I flash that then flash franco, am I just adding franco to paranoid or am i going back to just franco?
You're mixing up roms and kernels. There not the same thing

Sent from my Nexus 5

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
(Last edited by GUGUITOMTG4; 14th March 2014 at 08:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 201
I think that you urgently need to read here http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...=ROM-VS-Kernel

Or will brick your phone as soon as today.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

bullsrfive
Old
(Last edited by bullsrfive; 14th March 2014 at 08:25 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I am a dummy. Basically what I was running before was stock rom with franco kernel. I loved it! Looks like I'll hav to flash back to stock and load up franco. I guess I'll need my USB cable for that.

I'm having major problems with the PA rom though. It keeps saying the process com.android.phone has stopped and I can't really do anything. A lot worse than when I was on CM. Ughh ....

bullsrfive
Old
(Last edited by bullsrfive; 14th March 2014 at 08:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Never mind it works now after I wiped the data from recovery mode. Man once I get it back to what it was before I'm never downloading another rom again lol. Thanks for all your help guys

xdrc45
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Never mind it works now after I wiped the data from recovery mode. Man once I get it back to what it was before I'm never downloading another rom again lol. Thanks for all your help guys
The best thing to do in these situations is to stay calm. When your about to flash something to your device, Always read the OP and then read it again, just to make sure you didn't miss anything or misunderstand something. Your not a dummy and It's not that there's a problem with the ROM's or the kernel's... its the lack of compatibility of the kernel with ROM. Which as you found out will get you stuck on the splash screen or in a bootloop, but its an easy fix.
Also when ever your flashing a completely new ROM, (like going from CM to PA) do a clean install, generally by just wiping the dalvik cache, the cache partition and performing a factory reset in recovery or what the ROMs OP suggests. This will make sure that there's nothing left over from the previous ROM and won't cause weird issues like the com.android.phone has stopped problem.
If you found my post Helpful Please click the Thank You Button!

Google Nexus 5 - Custom Rom - *Dirty Unicorns 4.4.3* - FrancoR53 - TWRP v2.7
LG Optimus L9 MS769 - *Kumakan 4.1.2* - Rooted - CWM - Locked BL
LG Motion 4G MS770 - Custom Rom - *CM 10*
HTC HD7 - WP - OS 7.8 - Custom Rom - *Deepshining* v8.1 Fully Unlocked
Samsung Admire - Custom Rom - *Open Android* v2.3.6
Huawei Ascend - M860 -Custom Rom - *CM 7.2*
Lenovo IdeaTab - A2109 - Custom Rom - *Paranoid/CM 10 Combo*
The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
You don't have to feel discouraged about flashing Roms. All of us were on trouble at lest 3 times during android experience. Now you know what to do if run into the same problem. This is about informing before doing things we are not used too. If you like a new Rom, don't flash it without understanding its features and kernel compatibility. Read threads, they are huge but at least firs pages and last ones too. Ask questions, get answers and evaluate the challenge.
There is a lot of juicy info on the first 4 threads on the general section that will provide almost all you need to know to go safe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Following User Says Thank You to GUGUITOMTG4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]