Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Have I bricked the thing?

OP seaders

12th July 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
So I went to replace libaudioflinger.so in /system/lib with one I'd built myself, but unfortunately something obviously went wrong and when I rebooted the device, it just hangs on the loading screen.

The good thing is that the original file is in /sdcard named '_libaudioflinger.so_', and I can connect via adb there. If i run 'su' which gives me some sort of root access, but when I try 'mount -o remount rw /system', it shows up as "Operation not permitted". If I'm able to get that filesystem mounted, I just need to run "mv /sdcard/_libaudioflinger.so_ /system/lib/libaudioflinger.so", anybody any ideas how I might be able to recover this?
12th July 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaders

So I went to replace libaudioflinger.so in /system/lib with one I'd built myself, but unfortunately something obviously went wrong and when I rebooted the device, it just hangs on the loading screen.

The good thing is that the original file is in /sdcard named '_libaudioflinger.so_', and I can connect via adb there. If i run 'su' which gives me some sort of root access, but when I try 'mount -o remount rw /system', it shows up as "Operation not permitted". If I'm able to get that filesystem mounted, I just need to run "mv /sdcard/_libaudioflinger.so_ /system/lib/libaudioflinger.so", anybody any ideas how I might be able to recover this?

Hopped on #android-root and they got me all sorted. Basically just had some sort of a bad root/su which wasn't giving me the correct access. All back up and running 100% now, though.
12th July 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,772

10,781 posts
If it boots into the bootloader you can always flash the factory image

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
12th July 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,333

24,415 posts
More
You can't brick a device by swapping system files.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread