Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What the heck is this notification?

OP NotFromMountainView

5th May 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 234

175 posts
More
Lately I've spotted a few odd notification on my phone - sometimes a cloud that seems unrelated to any specific cloud backup, and sometimes this nifty little circle (moon?). I don't recognize the icon in relation to any apps that I actually use (or might have installed), but it sure seems to want to tell me...something.

Can anyone please ID it for me (It's the first item - if you zoom in it looks to be crescent moon with stars, but on the phone I lazily only saw it as a circle in a circle or a drunken smiley maybe...) ? And if you have an idea on random cloud icons (not showing in this cap) that info would be appreciated as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Circular Notification Screenshot_2014-05-04-08-49-56.png
Views:	422
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	2726068  
Last edited by NotFromMountainView; 5th May 2014 at 02:37 AM.
5th May 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag South Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,669

3,572 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromMountainView

Lately I've spotted a few odd notification on my phone - sometimes a cloud that seems unrelated to any specific cloud backup, and sometimes this nifty little circle (moon?). I don't recognize the icon in relation to any apps that I actually use (or might have installed), but it sure seems to want to tell me...something.

Can anyone please ID it for me (It's the first item - if you zoom in it looks to be crescent moon with stars, but on the phone I lazily only saw it as a circle in a circle or a drunken smiley maybe...) ? And if you have an idea on random cloud icons (not showing in this cap) that info would be appreciated as well!

ur phone is an eclipse
5th May 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,891

27,506 posts
its not part of the nexus 5, not a aystem app, its a user installed app.
5th May 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 531

1,980 posts
More
The Clouds (now a moon) looks like Agent (Sleep Agent).
The Following User Says Thank You to krohnjw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw

The Clouds (now a moon) looks like Agent (Sleep Agent).

YES! Must be! I haven't kept track of when these notifications appeared & disappeared but they could quite easily align with Agent cycles. These icons must have appeared in some update because they sure weren't always there & I've been using, and loving, Sleep Agent for several months.

Now to go check Agent documentation to see what exactly those notifications are telling me. (Sleep mode is obvious, but the cloud/moon - weather? visibility? )

Thanks krohnjw!
Last edited by NotFromMountainView; 5th May 2014 at 07:20 AM.
5th May 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 188

806 posts
More
Pull down the notification bar, long press on the notification in question, and select app info when it pops up. That will let you know exactly what app it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th May 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 531

1,980 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromMountainView

YES! Must be! I haven't kept track of when these notifications appeared & disappeared but they could quite easily align with Agent cycles. These icons must have appeared in some update because they sure weren't always there & I've been using, and loving, Sleep Agent for several months.

Now to go check Agent documentation to see what exactly those notifications are telling me. (Sleep mode is obvious, but the cloud/moon - weather? visibility? )

Thanks krohnjw!

The moon is now sleep. The clouds are no more (apparently the cloud for sleep was confusing). Otherwise it should be fairly self explanatory (the icons match those in the agent list in the app).
6th May 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw

The moon is now sleep. The clouds are no more (apparently the cloud for sleep was confusing). Otherwise it should be fairly self explanatory (the icons match those in the agent list in the app).

Those easily confused people out there.

Now that I know where to look the icon does make sense, but until you helped out I had no idea which of 200+ apps was creating this icon. If I remember correctly Agent used to put an A up top as well as notification on the shade (telling me both that I'm asleep & awake). It's a great app that's really become essential for me, but this change was (obviously!) confusing.

@nbell13 - I wasn't finding finding anything for this notification in the pull-down 'shade' hence my puzzlement.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kitkat, nexus5, notification
Previous Thread Next Thread