Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What the heck is this notification?

Tip us?

NotFromMountainView
Old
(Last edited by NotFromMountainView; 5th May 2014 at 01:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105
Default [Q] What the heck is this notification?

Lately I've spotted a few odd notification on my phone - sometimes a cloud that seems unrelated to any specific cloud backup, and sometimes this nifty little circle (moon?). I don't recognize the icon in relation to any apps that I actually use (or might have installed), but it sure seems to want to tell me...something.

Can anyone please ID it for me (It's the first item - if you zoom in it looks to be crescent moon with stars, but on the phone I lazily only saw it as a circle in a circle or a drunken smiley maybe...) ? And if you have an idea on random cloud icons (not showing in this cap) that info would be appreciated as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Circular Notification Screenshot_2014-05-04-08-49-56.png
Views:	403
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	2726068  

hello00
Old
Thanks Meter 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromMountainView View Post
Lately I've spotted a few odd notification on my phone - sometimes a cloud that seems unrelated to any specific cloud backup, and sometimes this nifty little circle (moon?). I don't recognize the icon in relation to any apps that I actually use (or might have installed), but it sure seems to want to tell me...something.

Can anyone please ID it for me (It's the first item - if you zoom in it looks to be crescent moon with stars, but on the phone I lazily only saw it as a circle in a circle or a drunken smiley maybe...) ? And if you have an idea on random cloud icons (not showing in this cap) that info would be appreciated as well!
ur phone is an eclipse
-Black&Cyan for ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1 and CM10 AOSP Theme Apps, -Blacked Out Gapps, Custom Batt% & Icons
-HTC Sense Camera for HTC One m7 Google Edition Roms 4.2.2 Click Here
-★ [THEMED] Kitkat 4.4 Mms.apk Dark Holo & More ★Here
★ ★ UCCW Clocks by me Click here ★ ★

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20681
its not part of the nexus 5, not a aystem app, its a user installed app.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

krohnjw
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 527
The Clouds (now a moon) looks like Agent (Sleep Agent).
The Following User Says Thank You to krohnjw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NotFromMountainView
Old
(Last edited by NotFromMountainView; 5th May 2014 at 06:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post
The Clouds (now a moon) looks like Agent (Sleep Agent).
YES! Must be! I haven't kept track of when these notifications appeared & disappeared but they could quite easily align with Agent cycles. These icons must have appeared in some update because they sure weren't always there & I've been using, and loving, Sleep Agent for several months.

Now to go check Agent documentation to see what exactly those notifications are telling me. (Sleep mode is obvious, but the cloud/moon - weather? visibility? )

Thanks krohnjw!

nbell13
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Pull down the notification bar, long press on the notification in question, and select app info when it pops up. That will let you know exactly what app it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Google Nexus 5

krohnjw
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromMountainView View Post
YES! Must be! I haven't kept track of when these notifications appeared & disappeared but they could quite easily align with Agent cycles. These icons must have appeared in some update because they sure weren't always there & I've been using, and loving, Sleep Agent for several months.

Now to go check Agent documentation to see what exactly those notifications are telling me. (Sleep mode is obvious, but the cloud/moon - weather? visibility? )

Thanks krohnjw!
The moon is now sleep. The clouds are no more (apparently the cloud for sleep was confusing). Otherwise it should be fairly self explanatory (the icons match those in the agent list in the app).

NotFromMountainView
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post
The moon is now sleep. The clouds are no more (apparently the cloud for sleep was confusing). Otherwise it should be fairly self explanatory (the icons match those in the agent list in the app).
Those easily confused people out there.

Now that I know where to look the icon does make sense, but until you helped out I had no idea which of 200+ apps was creating this icon. If I remember correctly Agent used to put an A up top as well as notification on the shade (telling me both that I'm asleep & awake). It's a great app that's really become essential for me, but this change was (obviously!) confusing.

@nbell13 - I wasn't finding finding anything for this notification in the pull-down 'shade' hence my puzzlement.

Tags
kitkat, nexus5, notification