[Q] Where can I buy a Nexus 5 in the US?

Search This thread

Laucien

Mar 30, 2012
Hi!, dunno if this is the correct forum but I figured it was either here on in the general Nexus 5 so hope it's right :p.

I'm in Argentina and will be spending 10 days in NYC during the second part of January. I want to buy a N5 but I'm not sure where to do it since they are way too overpriced in both Amazon and ebay and I can't buy them directly from the play store because it's blocked from my country and I'm not sure what the shipping times would be in case I manage to order it from there once I'm in the US (some friends told me that to buy through the US play store you need a US credit card too).

I know there are some retailers that sell it but do they sell it unlocked or only with contracts with carriers?. Any other options to try to buy one?.

Thanks!.

Laucien

Mar 30, 2012
Yeah, I checked there and it only has the 16GBs model and ~$150 more expensive than the play store (and even more expensive than the 32GBs version in Amazon which is at around $450).

spitefulcheerio

Apr 23, 2011
Tallahassee
Well any store you buy it in is going to have it marked up from the Play Store because that's just how the US is. It sucks, but yeah.

You should find a broker willing to ship it to you from the US. Meaning: you give them money, they buy the phone, they get the phone, they ship the phone to you. Simple!

BRiANj64

Apr 28, 2012
Maassluis
Well any store you buy it in is going to have it marked up from the Play Store because that's just how the US is. It sucks, but yeah.

You should find a broker willing to ship it to you from the US. Meaning: you give them money, they buy the phone, they get the phone, they ship the phone to you. Simple!

And dangerous if you don't want to lose your money

Laucien

Mar 30, 2012
You can buy the unlock version in Best Buy but according to their website they only have the 16GBs version.

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
All nexus 5s are the same they're all unlocked for use

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk