Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 51,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Buy a Nexus 5

Tip us?

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paztine View Post
Nexus 5 is still a great device..its only out for a couple of months..Best of all its root friendly..
It is now a 8 month old device Nonetheless, it still pawns most devices though

brwntree
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm thinking of getting a nexus 5 before you poss can't any more at current play store prices but wondering if they will bring the price down first as nexus 6 emerges?

Sent from my YP-G70

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwntree View Post
I'm thinking of getting a nexus 5 before you poss can't any more at current play store prices but wondering if they will bring the price down first as nexus 6 emerges?

Sent from my YP-G70
Any answer is a guess. Our guess is as good as yours.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Mazen Amr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I can't say anything about a new nexus but I'm pretty sure the're be a new one latest rumours say it is a Nexus 5 (2014) and some rumours say its a 5.9 inch Nexus 6, I can't tell if its better or not, but if you're looking for the speed of next nexus, go for the nexus 5 it is already REALLY FAST even if they add more ram and a better processor I'm not sure that will make it faster, at least not noticeable in everyday usage, and as for the camera, NEVER found a problem with the Nexus five camera while using HDR+, but I was used to a 5 megapixels camera, and if you manage the battery right you won't find a problem.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr View Post
I can't say anything about a new nexus but I'm pretty sure the're be a new one latest rumours say it is a Nexus 5 (2014) and some rumours say its a 5.9 inch Nexus 6, I can't tell if its better or not, but if you're looking for the speed of next nexus, go for the nexus 5 it is already REALLY FAST even if they add more ram and a better processor I'm not sure that will make it faster, at least not noticeable in everyday usage, and as for the camera, NEVER found a problem with the Nexus five camera while using HDR+, but I was used to a 5 megapixels camera, and if you manage the battery right you won't find a problem
Ever heard of full stops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr View Post
Oh you have

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more