5,598,779 Members 34,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will You buy Note 3 if you gets its for same prices of LG G2 /NeXus 5

Tip us?

radicalisto
Old
(Last edited by radicalisto; 9th December 2013 at 03:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1203

DONATE TO ME
As a Note 3 user (N9005) - I am one of the first to say it's undoubtedly a gorgeous phone, it feels great it looks great.. Has an awesome battery life (30 hours average with moderate-heavy use and 3-5hours screen time)

Signal isn't the best. I've yet to see more than 3 bars anywhere, Data randomly drops and takes 10-15mins to come back.

If you love modding your phone even just having root, kiss bye bye to that warranty because KNOX ruins you (and a beautiful phone)

- There has been so many threads over on the Note 3 forum about Hardware issues, from motherboards failing to silly things like WiFi being poor.

EFS messes up A LOT. - EFS is important too! (IMEI, sim data etc stored there)

The S Pen features are great, however In all honesty most people rarely find a use for them, except novelty (me included)

The wonky home button which a lot of people suffer from..

The SUPER AMOLED display apparently has issues with some people (I think they're maybe being a bit too anal about colours tho!)

The odd report about swelling battery like the S4/S3 had.

Touchwiz issues of some degree for someone every other day it seems.. crashes, not storing data or just general lag.

Currently I seem to see more wrong with this phone than right.. and that's just reading what others are experiencing, (I have seemed to be lucky...so far??)

----

If you can over come all of this then yeah, get a Note 3, you may be lucky! but a small part of me wishes I had of held out for the Nexus 5...

EDIT: PS I do love the phone, it's blinding fast and it looks the part, but I'm scared to try any custom ROMs even though I have TWRP and root... and EFS backups... So many issues can be forseen
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber View Post
This is not random. Op asked note 3 or n5. I recommend note 3. How is that random?

Sent from **Nexus 5 sucks**

Its completely random. "The signal on this < inset expletive here> sucks" is NOTHING to do with the note 3. You didn't mention it in that post. It has nothing to do with this thread.

You're abusing the forum to take it out on us that your phone is crap. Well, think again. We've has enough. We no longer care and we despise trolls.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

chopper the dog
Old
Thanks Meter 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Its completely random. "The signal on this < inset expletive here> sucks" is NOTHING to do with the note 3. You didn't mention it in that post. It has nothing to do with this thread.

You're abusing the forum to take it out on us that your phone is crap. Well, think again. We've has enough. We no longer care and we despise trolls.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
He is obviously 5 years old. Children like to "express" their opinions by repeating it over and over and over again. An adult will express an opinion that he doesn't like something once and move on.

good day.
$3 charging dock for the galaxy nexus. SEE HERE.
If I annoyed you. Hit the thanks button.

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Well the nexus 5 signal sucks so go with the note 3.

Sent from **Nexus 5 sucks**

H4CK_H0PP3R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Hi All, Sorry for not Replying as i was watching on replies as i don't have any experiences on both devices,

As per thread replies & yeahh from lots of googling i have decided NOT to buy Note 3 for my personal use at least , Infact i decided to buy Note 3 loads of pieces say 10 pieces for selling purpose , As i mentioned it was cheapest price i am getting from retailer friend from all over india,

I have also created a Thread in Indian based one forum to see its demand & voila there are many people who are ready to buy from me for more than my mentioned prices, In fact my one guy is ready to buy all 10 pieces, So YES i am buying this phone for selling (profit purpose $85 USD per piece being $850 USD Profit for 10 pieces ..Not bad i guess) & i will infact wait until new phone comes in 2014 as i wanted a best smartphone being my first phone..Nexus 5 is not at all Best phone for those who wanna use it for 4-5 years.. I am also watching some rumors on LG G3 which could be Best smartphone , I am not sure as rumors can be fake,

Thanks Alooottt friends for replying & sharing your valuable experiences, Unfortunately i am unable to Thank everyone as Thanks button is Limited to 8 per day. So dont be sad i will add Thanks ..Hehe ..Please feel free to comment if am going wrong somewhere.