Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 43,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Before I buy questions..

Tip us?

nabil alami
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default [Q] Before I buy questions..

hey everyone, so I am thinking of moving from my **** I9500 (good phone) just for the reason that I cant flash aosp Roms. So I would like to go for a nexus device and just to makre sure...there are many Roms for this phone without any problems right? I know its a nexus, but just to make sure because the I9500 had a problems with AOSP. Also how much space do you get in the 16gb model....and is it enough for some music and apps.

Thanks

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabil alami View Post
hey everyone, so I am thinking of moving from my **** I9500 (good phone) just for the reason that I cant flash aosp Roms. So I would like to go for a nexus device and just to makre sure...there are many Roms for this phone without any problems right? I know its a nexus, but just to make sure because the I9500 had a problems with AOSP. Also how much space do you get in the 16gb model....and is it enough for some music and apps.

Thanks
You have about 12,5 GB left for you on the 16GB model, and yes development is great regarding rom`s, kernels and mods.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

nabil alami
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
You have about 12,5 GB left for you on the 16GB model, and yes development is great regarding rom`s, kernels and mods.
Is it true that there are develoment problems with the 32gb model?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,048
Quote:
Is it true that there are develoment problems with the 32gb model?
Not as far as i know, why would storage size be a problem. They are all the same roms for both the 16 and 32GB models.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

nabil alami
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Not as far as i know, why would storage size be a problem. They are all the same roms for both the 16 and 32GB models.
on the release date there was a problem with the 32gb model and rooting...but good to know

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,324
Quote:
on the release date there was a problem with the 32gb model and rooting...but good to know
There weren't any problems with the 32gb model. Just user error

Sent from my Nexus 5

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
I wonder where all these misconceptions come from?

plenty of asop ROMS to go around and I recommend the 32GB version