Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 45,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Buying a nexus 5 1 question

Tip us?

Reus Consumables
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Buying a nexus 5 1 question

Hi, new to the forums and want to ask a question as maybe there are people here who will be able to help me.

I want to buy a nexus 5, and currently I'm looking at one on ebay for £50 less than the price on the google store. I asked the seller whether it comes with warranty and he said no as its being imported from outside the UK, however he said its a Genuine LG Nexus 5 even though its from hong kong (now you see my concern)

£290, is it worth risking it for a possible fake? (if there are fakes out there that is)

Thanks,
Rús

Krimsonmyst
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reus Consumables View Post
Hi, new to the forums and want to ask a question as maybe there are people here who will be able to help me.

I want to buy a nexus 5, and currently I'm looking at one on ebay for £50 less than the price on the google store. I asked the seller whether it comes with warranty and he said no as its being imported from outside the UK, however he said its a Genuine LG Nexus 5 even though its from hong kong (now you see my concern)

£290, is it worth risking it for a possible fake? (if there are fakes out there that is)

Thanks,
Rús
Pay the extra 50. It's worth it for the peace of mind and warranty. If it is a fake or it has a problem with it, it's going to be a nightmare and it's going to cost you much more to get it fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krimsonmyst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Reus Consumables
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsonmyst View Post
Pay the extra 50. It's worth it for the peace of mind and warranty. If it is a fake or it has a problem with it, it's going to be a nightmare and it's going to cost you much more to get it fixed.
ah ok, thanks. I was hoping I could buy the wireless charger for it with that money, oh well

I would post the link here for the auction but I'm not sure if thats allowed on these forums, I wouldn't expect it to be.

chainsuk
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Pay the extra end of story......