[Q] Buying a nexus 5 1 question

OP Reus Consumables

2nd July 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi, new to the forums and want to ask a question as maybe there are people here who will be able to help me.

I want to buy a nexus 5, and currently I'm looking at one on ebay for £50 less than the price on the google store. I asked the seller whether it comes with warranty and he said no as its being imported from outside the UK, however he said its a Genuine LG Nexus 5 even though its from hong kong (now you see my concern)

£290, is it worth risking it for a possible fake? (if there are fakes out there that is)

Thanks,
Rús
2nd July 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reus Consumables

Hi, new to the forums and want to ask a question as maybe there are people here who will be able to help me.

I want to buy a nexus 5, and currently I'm looking at one on ebay for £50 less than the price on the google store. I asked the seller whether it comes with warranty and he said no as its being imported from outside the UK, however he said its a Genuine LG Nexus 5 even though its from hong kong (now you see my concern)

£290, is it worth risking it for a possible fake? (if there are fakes out there that is)

Thanks,
Rús

Pay the extra 50. It's worth it for the peace of mind and warranty. If it is a fake or it has a problem with it, it's going to be a nightmare and it's going to cost you much more to get it fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krimsonmyst For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsonmyst

Pay the extra 50. It's worth it for the peace of mind and warranty. If it is a fake or it has a problem with it, it's going to be a nightmare and it's going to cost you much more to get it fixed.

ah ok, thanks. I was hoping I could buy the wireless charger for it with that money, oh well

I would post the link here for the auction but I'm not sure if thats allowed on these forums, I wouldn't expect it to be.
2nd July 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 8

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
Pay the extra end of story......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread