Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,248 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] About buying nexus 5

Tip us?

warsonline
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] About buying nexus 5

Would you recommend buying this phone if the low price factor was gone? Here's the thing, Nexus 5 costs the same as Galaxy s4 and only a little bit cheaper than Htc one and Lg g2 here in my country. Also which one out of those four i've mentioned would you buy?

12alex21
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by warsonline View Post
Would you recommend buying this phone if the low price factor was gone? Here's the thing, Nexus 5 costs the same as Galaxy s4 and only a little bit cheaper than Htc one and Lg g2 here in my country. Also which one out of those four i've mentioned would you buy?
I definetly beats the Galaxy S4, as for the HTC One the design is better than the Nexus 5, but if you want to have quick updates, a Nexus is still a must

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,880
S4 and m7 are older phones, so not as faster. Plus their OEM ROMs slow them down in comparison. The nexus is the fastest device there. I always buy the latest handsets. But I'm not you so do what you want

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

flashback7
Old
(Last edited by flashback7; 1st June 2014 at 04:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,328
My S4 was way more than N5 and there's no comparison!! Nexus runs Aosp like a boss and no other device even comes anywhere close. Fact.

Edit added

I've been having Android since G1 all top end phones, 2 a year and this is my all time favorite. Comparing anything to a Nexus device is silly, Imo anyway. Sprint failed to carry the Mako or I never would have owned a S4. [emoji12]

Sent from my Nexus V
Sprint-Moto X/Slim 7.8/TWRP 2.7.1.1

Stealyourface
Old
Thanks Meter 147
I'd forget the S4 and One and narrow your choices to the G2 and N5, then go from there. Tough to recommend a phone when we don't know what you're looking for as far as features go,

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 555
It's your choice. But the Nexus5 rocks and you're in a Nexus5 XDA forum!
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,326
If you want to flash everything under the sun....N5. If not, G2. Simple.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips