Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should i clear cache

Tip us?

yto5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Should i clear cache

I have over 3.8gb cache which blocks up a huge spcae, should i clear it and what are its dis-advantages i have heard that i have to login back on some apps and google now cards will be gone, losing all google now cards and restoring it back is difficult i dont have root access or any sort of modifications..

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Yes you should. Logins or google now card settings won't be cleared.
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaj473
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by yto5 View Post
I have over 3.8gb cache which blocks up a huge spcae, should i clear it and what are its dis-advantages i have heard that i have to login back on some apps and google now cards will be gone, losing all google now cards and restoring it back is difficult i dont have root access or any sort of modifications..
yes clear the cache.... its better if you restart your android at least weekly once...

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1,472
Disadvantages would be more along the lines of when you open the Facebook app, for example, your friends profile pictures next to their status updates would show the default no picture icon for a quick second before the images load and are cached again. Yes you should clear it.

Almost 4GB...yikes.
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 561
Yep, clear of restart...
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!