Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 43,311 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Call goes silent for brief periods and then resumes

Tip us?

Alcap12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Call goes silent for brief periods and then resumes

Hey there,
I've googled around and can't seem to find an answer to this...
I bought my Nexus 5 last week from the Play Store and I've been noticing a weird behaviour during calls. Sometimes, I stop hearing the other person, for a very brief period (it has lasted from 3s to about 20/30s). After a certain time, with no user interaction (and provided the other caller does not disconnect), the call comes back.
What's even more weird is that, when this happens, the proximity sensor stops working. The screen turns on and, no matter how close it is to my face (or even if I place a finger over it), it does not turn off for the duration of the "blackout". Everything else is responsive (touchscreen, other phone functions, etc). I'm not sure, but I think the reception bars show no change.
During this "blackout", the other callers report that they cannot hear me speaking.

Should I send it to warranty? Is there a fix? I'm currently running Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock, with no updates to download (I believe 4.4.3 has already been released, but don't know if it will address my issue). My model is the D821.

Thanks for the help

Alcap12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Bump