Call Screen Issues

Search This thread

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
Howdy folks-

I'm having some issues with my Nexus 5 and hoping someone has some insight. During phone calls my screen becomes inoperable-it is completely dark and nothing I do aside from hanging up the phone with the power but does anything. And even that takes three or four pushes before it wakes up again. When I'm using bluetooth and have the phone on my center console (laying flat) I have use of the screen for in call actions etc. but then and only then. I've used several different roms, kernels, etc. and am on the second screen. Problem has been consistent but sometimes worse depending on rom (sometimes I have to completely reboot during a call to regain functionality).

Also having a problem with YouMail completely leaving the phone useless and inoperable during and after use. I can use the power button to eventually end everything and often have to reboot the phone to use again.

Currently using Bricked Kernel and Droidkang V18

Any help would be much appreciated.

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Am having similar problems on a rooted Nexus 5 running stock rom and T-Mobile.

If I need to use the keyboard during a call, the keyboard flashes on and off making it impossible to enter sequential numbers. Makes the phone unusable.