Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 45,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call sound quality

Tip us?

Imprezive13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Call sound quality

Every once in a while I get ultra clear reception and other times it just sounds normal. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how u can keep it clear like that all the time?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezive13 View Post
Every once in a while I get ultra clear reception and other times it just sounds normal. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how u can keep it clear like that all the time?

Carrier? if its T-Mobile if its ULTRA clear means you're connected to another person on the other line that has a HD Voice Capable device
If it just sounds like Normal it means the other person doesn't have a HD voice capable phone or you or the other person is not on the capable network (HSPA) So Both of you Could have HD Voice handsets but the other person is on Edge which reverts it back to normal voice
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

Imprezive13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezive13 View Post

Thank you for the explanation!

marleyfan61
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Mine is like that only when I'm talking to my son on his S4. He said the same thing that when he's talking to me the voice quality is super clear. He's on Bell, I'm on Telus.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA-2
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61 View Post
Mine is like that only when I'm talking to my son on his S4. He said the same thing that when he's talking to me the voice quality is super clear. He's on Bell, I'm on Telus.
Both carriers Support HD voice assuming your device is a Nexus 5 and your sons phone is a galaxy s4 both support HD voice
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One