XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] In-Call volume issues

Tip us?

Samip430
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] In-Call volume issues

Just got my Nexus 5 today and I've noticed a couple problems. When on the phone the call volume will sound fine but every once in a while it will sound like the other person is at the other side of the room. I know a couple other people with this issue. Is there a fix?

Thanks

MrObvious
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samip430 View Post
Just got my Nexus 5 today and I've noticed a couple problems. When on the phone the call volume will sound fine but every once in a while it will sound like the other person is at the other side of the room. I know a couple other people with this issue. Is there a fix?

Thanks
What carrier and what kind of network are you on? (I mean out of LTE/Edge/UTMS/1x/EVDO) The theory I have is that it may be signal related.

Samip430
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
What carrier and what kind of network are you on? (I mean out of LTE/Edge/UTMS/1x/EVDO) The theory I have is that it may be signal related.
I am on Sprint. I have good signal strength so I don't think that's an issue. I had an One X and GS4 in the past couple weeks as well and no similar call problems there.

Samip430
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Anything on this? Couple days later and in a completely different location and im getting the same issue. Can't here the person on the other line at times

Samip430
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Update: It also happens on WiFi if that helps.