5,594,564 Members 32,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera not working with ART

Tip us?
 
Caebron
Old
#1  
Caebron's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 188
Join Date: May 2010
Default [Q] Camera not working with ART

The stock camera app stops working when using ART, getting a message "Unable to connect to camera". It works fine again when I switch back to Dalvik. Running 4.4.2 stock, Franco Kernel, TWRP recovery.

How do I troubleshoot this?
Nexus 5 (current) Cataclysm ROM, Franco Kernel
MB886 (retired) NottachTrix ROM, Faux 123 Kernel
 
markdapimp
Old
#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,175
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caebron View Post
The stock camera app stops working when using ART, getting a message "Unable to connect to camera". It works fine again when I switch back to Dalvik. Running 4.4.2 stock, Franco Kernel, TWRP recovery.

How do I troubleshoot this?
Might be the kernel? im on 100% Stock with ART camera works fine
 
Caebron
Old
(Last edited by Caebron; 25th December 2013 at 07:44 AM.)
#3  
Caebron's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 188
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
Might be the kernel? im on 100% Stock with ART camera works fine
Not according to Francisfranco, the dev of this kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 5 (current) Cataclysm ROM, Franco Kernel
MB886 (retired) NottachTrix ROM, Faux 123 Kernel
 
markdapimp
Old
#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,175
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caebron View Post
Not according to Francisfranco, the dev of this kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
try fix permissions if that even is a thing now lol
 
simms22
Old
#5  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17933
Posts: 22,554
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
try fixung permissions in your recovery, if youre running a custom recovery.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
markdapimp
Old
#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,175
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
try fixung permissions in your recovery, if youre running a custom recovery.
I beat you to it!
 
simms22
Old
#7  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17933
Posts: 22,554
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
try fix permissions if that even is a thing now lol
good timing
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
markdapimp
Old
#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,175
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
good timing
Yeah i changed my brain to ART too it pre-compiled what you were going to type
 
simms22
Old
#9  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17933
Posts: 22,554
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp View Post
Yeah i changed my brain to ART too it pre-compiled what you were going to type
ha
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
Caebron
Old
#10  
Caebron's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 188
Join Date: May 2010
Hm, the problem resolved itself after switching back to ART once more.
Nexus 5 (current) Cataclysm ROM, Franco Kernel
MB886 (retired) NottachTrix ROM, Faux 123 Kernel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more