Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 38,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera FC with Gapps 5/26/14

Tip us?

Williamsss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Default Camera FC with Gapps 5/26/14

ROMs Tested: Vanir, SOKP, Liquid Smooth, Carbon

Gapps: PA Gapps, Banks Gapps

Camera app: Google Camera, Oneplus Camera, Stock Camera

Problem: Camera FC after signing into Gapps and letting everything on playstore update.

Clearing the davlik/cashe will let the camera open when I first reboot but after 30 seconds it FC again.

Logcat: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...it?usp=sharing

(open oneplus camera, FC as soon as it opens)

Any advice would be wonderful.
Nexus 5 32gb
Madhi Rom, Advanced Gapps, Uber Kernel

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsss View Post
ROMs Tested: Vanir, SOKP, Liquid Smooth, Carbon

Gapps: PA Gapps, Banks Gapps

Camera app: Google Camera, Oneplus Camera, Stock Camera

Problem: Camera FC after signing into Gapps and letting everything on playstore update.

Clearing the davlik/cashe will let the camera open when I first reboot but after 30 seconds it FC again.

Logcat: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...it?usp=sharing

(open oneplus camera, FC as soon as it opens)

Any advice would be wonderful.
sounds like you are missing some lib files as well. it could actually be rom related or xposed related if you have it installed. im using banks gapps on lichtis rastakat, the camera works great.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Williamsss
Old
(Last edited by Williamsss; 26th May 2014 at 11:19 PM.) Reason: Xpossed
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
sounds like you are missing some lib files as well. it could actually be rom related or xposed related if you have it installed. im using banks gapps on lichtis rastakat, the camera works great.
The camera use to work great, and It only doesnt work if I sign into my google account (works if I sign into my brothers google account).

but it still works on my nandroid from last week.

Xposed isnt installed right now when its not working but it is installed where it is working (nandroid). so I doubt xposed is my issue.
Nexus 5 32gb

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsss View Post
The camera use to work great, and It only doesnt work if I sign into my google account (works if I sign into my brothers google account).

but it still works on my nandroid from last week.
works without signing in, and doesnt when signed in? thats very weird! uninstall any xposed if you have any installed, then try again.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Williamsss
Old
(Last edited by Williamsss; 27th May 2014 at 12:53 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
works without signing in, and doesnt when signed in? thats very weird! uninstall any xposed if you have any installed, then try again.

Google play services updates when ever I sign into either account, but the camera only stop working when I sign into my account. Xpposed isnt installed. and the only way to get the camera working again is to re install the rom. (signing out doesnt fix it)

Seems to work up till the part where google+ wants to upload my photos and vids then it stops working

I left it alone without signing in and it borked the camera too. I have no idea what it could be.
Nexus 5 32gb

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,469
try this, if youre up for an adventure. delete your camera app. uninstall it from the market and delete it from /system/app/ using a root file explorer. delete the gallery as well. reboot, no camera installed, right? now flash this file in recovery, its the camera and gallery app http://goo.gl/orWkC0 thats the older camera app btw. now go to the play store, install the new camera. and try again.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

Williamsss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
try this, if youre up for an adventure. delete your camera app. uninstall it from the market and delete it from /system/app/ using a root file explorer. delete the gallery as well. reboot, no camera installed, right? now flash this file in recovery, its the camera and gallery app http://goo.gl/orWkC0 thats the older camera app btw. now go to the play store, install the new camera. and try again.
Well now the phone doesnt get any signal and randomly reboots on stock. I called google and they are sending me a replacement for that and the dead pixel I have been putting up with. Hopefully it is fully covered and the new phone doesnt have problems. If I do get charged I'll sell the phone as soon as the oneplus one is fully out.
Nexus 5 32gb
The Following User Says Thank You to Williamsss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,469
good luck
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

Tags
camera, gapps, help !, nexus 5, rom