Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Camera at holiday

OP dec1153

5th May 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 13

279 posts
More
Been to Belgium and have used my nexus 5 as my shooter rather than my Samsung galaxy camera. I have to say I am impressed by the quality and especially photo sphere (awesome!!!) However my battery was terrible and only had 2hrs SOT. I had to charge twice a day.... Anybody have these problems?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th May 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 46

336 posts
More
Depending on how much and how you use your phone, battery life can vary greatly. You just cannot compare keeping your screen on with phone in Airplane Mode and without touching it to taking pictures with GPS and data on.
Check out this discussion for more arguments.
And if you wanna compare different devices' screen on time, please give EXACT details about your usage patterns.
6th May 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 13

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_loft

Depending on how much and how you use your phone, battery life can vary greatly. You just cannot compare keeping your screen on with phone in Airplane Mode and without touching it to taking pictures with GPS and data on.
Check out this discussion for more arguments.
And if you wanna compare different devices' screen on time, please give EXACT details about your usage patterns.

Had it on air plane mode. Moderate usage as there were not many hotspots. Silent switched off at night

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th May 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 376

1,529 posts
More
The camera can be quite the battery drain, even just using the viewfinder.

Probably the largest software drain after gaming.
8th May 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,905

27,530 posts
i had huge battery loss from the new camera and the camera daemon as well until recently. i moved the camera app from being a system app to being a user app, and now it uses much less battery. of course you need root for that.
8th May 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

i had huge battery loss from the new camera and the camera daemon as well until recently. i moved the camera app from being a system app to being a user app, and now it uses much less battery. of course you need root for that.

Does it really use less battery, or just report using less battery in the usage stats? This would be interesting if it actually did lower the usage. Maybe some permissions don't work unless it's a system app?
8th May 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,905

27,530 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Does it really use less battery, or just report using less battery in the usage stats? This would be interesting if it actually did lower the usage. Maybe some permissions don't work unless it's a system app?

its using about 50% or more less battery, and the camera daemon isnt taking any battery after use(like it did before, without having to reboot). until about 2 weeks ago, i couldnt stop complaining about battery loss with the new camera app, now im quiet
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

its using about 50% or more less battery, and the camera daemon isnt taking any battery after use(like it did before, without having to reboot). until about 2 weeks ago, i couldnt stop complaining about battery loss with the new camera app, now im quiet

Well thats interesting.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread