Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Camera at holiday

5th May 2014, 01:41 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 19
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Been to Belgium and have used my nexus 5 as my shooter rather than my Samsung galaxy camera. I have to say I am impressed by the quality and especially photo sphere (awesome!!!) However my battery was terrible and only had 2hrs SOT. I had to charge twice a day.... Anybody have these problems?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
5th May 2014, 02:04 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 48
 
340 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Depending on how much and how you use your phone, battery life can vary greatly. You just cannot compare keeping your screen on with phone in Airplane Mode and without touching it to taking pictures with GPS and data on.
Check out this discussion for more arguments.
And if you wanna compare different devices' screen on time, please give EXACT details about your usage patterns.
6th May 2014, 08:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 19
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_loft

Depending on how much and how you use your phone, battery life can vary greatly. You just cannot compare keeping your screen on with phone in Airplane Mode and without touching it to taking pictures with GPS and data on.
Check out this discussion for more arguments.
And if you wanna compare different devices' screen on time, please give EXACT details about your usage patterns.

Had it on air plane mode. Moderate usage as there were not many hotspots. Silent switched off at night

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th May 2014, 04:06 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 434
 
1,655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
The camera can be quite the battery drain, even just using the viewfinder.

Probably the largest software drain after gaming.
8th May 2014, 05:05 PM |#5  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,871
 
29,139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
i had huge battery loss from the new camera and the camera daemon as well until recently. i moved the camera app from being a system app to being a user app, and now it uses much less battery. of course you need root for that.
8th May 2014, 05:08 PM |#6  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 934
 
3,151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

i had huge battery loss from the new camera and the camera daemon as well until recently. i moved the camera app from being a system app to being a user app, and now it uses much less battery. of course you need root for that.

Does it really use less battery, or just report using less battery in the usage stats? This would be interesting if it actually did lower the usage. Maybe some permissions don't work unless it's a system app?
8th May 2014, 05:15 PM |#7  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,871
 
29,139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Does it really use less battery, or just report using less battery in the usage stats? This would be interesting if it actually did lower the usage. Maybe some permissions don't work unless it's a system app?

its using about 50% or more less battery, and the camera daemon isnt taking any battery after use(like it did before, without having to reboot). until about 2 weeks ago, i couldnt stop complaining about battery loss with the new camera app, now im quiet
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 05:17 PM |#8  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 934
 
3,151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

its using about 50% or more less battery, and the camera daemon isnt taking any battery after use(like it did before, without having to reboot). until about 2 weeks ago, i couldnt stop complaining about battery loss with the new camera app, now im quiet

Well thats interesting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes