5,594,877 Members 37,922 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera screen goes dark in landscape?? SOLVED!

Tip us?

mad4some
Old
(Last edited by mad4some; 10th December 2013 at 09:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Question Camera screen goes dark in landscape?? SOLVED!

I read a lot on here and have not seen this mentioned. A few times lately, when using the camera outside, I've noticed that in portrait and with a normal view/screen if I tilt the phone over to landscape, the screen just fades to dark, as in practically black. Tilt the phone back up to portrait and the view fades right back to normal And if that don't weird me out enough, I can walk indoors and do it and it works just fine, both portrait and landscape!! I've tried stock and a 3rd party cam. app.........no difference. Currently on latest Cataclysm/stock kernel/4.4.1. Anybody experience this or heard of it??? Thanks in advance.......
Current Devices:
Nexus 7 (2) - SinLess ROM KK 3.2.2......it's awesome!!
Nexus 7 - BSZStockKat-KRT16O-1.0 (GF's tablet....)
Brand New Moto G / Stock 4.4.2 (for now) (GF's phone)........she loves me ya, ya, ya.........
Nexus 5 - Team Nocturnal / SinLess ROM Stock NIN Kernel

Recovery: TeamWin 2.6.0+ (all devices)

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 161
running latest cataclysm (Dec 6) and I do not have that problem (just tried it using stock camera app).

Does it stay black in landscape or does it just adjust for the lighting?

mad4some
Old
(Last edited by mad4some; 10th December 2013 at 08:36 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I never held it in landscape and dark for more than 15 or 20 seconds, but it did not act like it was doing any light adjusting. Another baffling aspect of this is that it doesn't always do it. I've taken a dozen or more landscape shots just fine since I've had the phone (about 2 1/2 wks.). Oh well........

edit: Just tried it again, both indoors and out, and it's working fine now..............gremlin? possession? anybody know a good priest? lol. I'll pay close attention and see if I can come up with some more information.
Current Devices:
Brand New Moto G / Stock 4.4.2 (for now) (GF's phone)........she loves me ya, ya, ya.........

Termic
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quick question just to check: Are you wearing polarized sunglasses outside? That may affect the screen since it is also polarized.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Termic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mad4some
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termic View Post
Quick question just to check: Are you wearing polarized sunglasses outside? That may affect the screen since it is also polarized.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
BRILLIANT!!!! You hit it man!! Polarized fishing sunglasses............Wow. And when I came indoors to try........had the sunglasses off...LOL Thanks a million!!
Current Devices:

Termic
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4some View Post
BRILLIANT!!!! You hit it man!! Polarized fishing sunglasses............Wow. And when I came indoors to try........had the sunglasses off...LOL Thanks a million!!
Wow, really? That was a total shot in the dark, I assumed based on your last message about it working it was like a software issue that was fixed. Awesome! Glad I could help, . Or maybe no if you want to see in landscape .
The Following User Says Thank You to Termic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]