Camera has stopped, please help

Search This thread

mmace

Feb 11, 2009
Leeds
Hi guys, Nexus 5, stock but rooted, 4.4.2
I tried installing a sony camera app (flashing the zip in CM recovery), it didn't work, but it also stopped the Google Camera from working (I get the "Camera has stopped" error).
I've removed the sony camera using toot explorer, I've tried uninstalling Google Camera updates and re-installing, I've also flashed Jishnu's "restore to stock" zip file from here: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/development/mod-jishnus-camera-t2516061

Still no luck, can anyone help so I don't have to reinstall everything?
thanks

Last edited:

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Is the camera apk in the correct folder with correct permissions?

Permissions should be rw-r--r-- (have a look at other apps in the same folder and copy their permissions).

Once you've done that reboot to recovery and clear Cache and Dalvik.

Here's the correct locations for the two different cameras:

New Google camera (com.google.android.Googlecamera-1.apk) = /data/app/

Older "standard" camera (camera2.apk) = /system/app/

Also make sure no traces of the Sony camera are left... check through your folder ;)

Not saying it will 100% work, but worth a try if nothing else does!

Reactions: mmace

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
The zip might have deleted some of the stock camera libs which are needed to load the stock camera. If I were you, I would backup and flash the factory images and then re-root and restore the backup! (TiBu)

Edit: Since it's just the camera, you could try flashing just the system.img and see whether the camera is fixed or not!

Reactions: mmace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is the camera apk in the correct folder with correct permissions?

Permissions should be rw-r--r-- (have a look at other apps in the same folder and copy their permissions).

Once you've done that reboot to recovery and clear Cache and Dalvik.

Here's the correct locations for the two different cameras:

New Google camera (com.google.android.Googlecamera-1.apk) = /data/app/

Older "standard" camera (camera2.apk) = /system/app/

Also make sure no traces of the Sony camera are left... check through your folder ;)

Not saying it will 100% work, but worth a try if nothing else does!
    The zip might have deleted some of the stock camera libs which are needed to load the stock camera. If I were you, I would backup and flash the factory images and then re-root and restore the backup! (TiBu)

Edit: Since it's just the camera, you could try flashing just the system.img and see whether the camera is fixed or not!