Camera swap

Tip us?

ImSoBored
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default Camera swap

Hey all,

I've seen a lot of threads about changing the battery, but not about changing the camera. Would this even be possible? The G2 camera connector seems to be the same and in the same side, so, if we could fit it in the nexus 5, the only trouble would be the drivers right?

SamBG
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I guess people who want to swap ol dis better go n buy the G2 and flash pure android into it...N5 is in itself is a very nice phone!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ickoicko
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoBored View Post
Hey all,

I've seen a lot of threads about changing the battery, but not about changing the camera. Would this even be possible? The G2 camera connector seems to be the same and in the same side, so, if we could fit it in the nexus 5, the only trouble would be the drivers right?
Why not just buy the G2 and flash the 4.4.2 stock of N5 instead of trying to murder your N5, spare it some agony and just give it away and buy a G2.
Snapdragon 805 2.5 GHz
Adreno 420 GPU
5.2 - 5.4 inches with 2k screen resolution
Battery at 3000 - 5000 mAH
16 Megapixel Pelican Imaging OIS Camera
Android 5.0 (I guess)

- Dream specs for my next Nexus

ImSoBored
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickoicko View Post
Why not just buy the G2 and flash the 4.4.2 stock of N5 instead of trying to murder your N5, spare it some agony and just give it away and buy a G2.
sure.. then why have roms like cyanogenmod if i can get an oppo with cyanogenmod stock? Why have better camera software mods if i can get an iPhone? Why have sound hardware mods if i can get an HTC One? Why swap batteries if I can get an Galaxy Note? and the list goes on and on... The Nexus is to play with it, develop and so on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7451
Quote:
Hey all,

I've seen a lot of threads about changing the battery, but not about changing the camera
There have been several threads about it. Its not possible. Its not a better camera anyway.
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ickoicko
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
sure.. then why have roms like cyanogenmod if i can get an oppo with cyanogenmod stock? Why have better camera software mods if i can get an iPhone? Why have sound hardware mods if i can get an HTC One? Why swap batteries if I can get an Galaxy Note? and the list goes on and on... The Nexus is to play with it, develop and so on.

Why did you make this thread? Lol as root said there were several threads about this and it is not possible.
Snapdragon 805 2.5 GHz
Adreno 420 GPU
5.2 - 5.4 inches with 2k screen resolution
Battery at 3000 - 5000 mAH
16 Megapixel Pelican Imaging OIS Camera
Android 5.0 (I guess)

- Dream specs for my next Nexus

Petrovski80
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:

Nexus devices were/are meant for software development. Not hardware tweaking or modding.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Current phone
Model: Motorola Moto G | ROM: stock KitKat 4.4.2, rooted & with Xposed framework l | Recovery: stock

Phone history
Philips Diga | Motorola V3690 | Nokia 3310 | Nokia 3510 | Siemens S35 | Samsung D720 | SonyEricsson T630 | HTC Touch Diamond | Nokia 3500 classic | Nokia 6700 classic | Nokia N97 mini | Samsung Galaxy Ace | Samsung Galaxy Nexus | LG Nexus 5