Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera not working

Tip us?

defffizz
Old
(Last edited by defffizz; 23rd August 2014 at 12:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 335
Default Camera not working

Hi,
yesterday i bought 32gb nexus 5 for 150 euros (around 190 dollars). the reason for its modest price was camera which doesnt work.
i flashed full factory image 4.4.4, custom roms and kernels, did factory reset, booted in safe mode, cleared camera cache and data, but no luck.
Camera app doesnt show up in app drawer or dock in gn launcher. When I launch camera, the screen stays black (like its loading but ultimatively it doesnt). Sometimes i get: camera has crashed, or cant connect to the camera. Other camera apps also dont work, flashlight apps dont work.
Now, its obvious to me that this is hardvare isue. Camera doesnt seem like its damaged at all, lens is alright.
Today i teard my n5 down and removed rear and front facing camera and put them back in, and it still doesnt work.
My question is: if i buy new a rear and front camera and install them, can I expect camera to work? Is it possible that something else isnt working properly (maybe logicboard is damaged or something like that). I ask because i dont have knowledge about smartphones hardware. Would replacing cameras do the job?
Thanks in advance, i hope someone has experience with this kind of problem.

Shiestie
Old
(Last edited by Shiestie; 23rd August 2014 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I don't know for sure but it could possibly be a corrupt camera driver issue.. The only thing that would make me think replacing the cameras won't work is that the flash/flashlight doesn't work either.. But I dunno if the camera is bad if that'll affect the flash/flashlight as well
I'll do a little research and get back to you
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiestie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

defffizz
Old
(Last edited by defffizz; 23rd August 2014 at 03:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 335
Ok strange thing : now torch built in Mahdi rom works but other flashlight apps don't :

Sent from my Nexus 5