Tip us?

numbnutsuk
Old
Thanks Meter 149
It's snapchat

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Gaffadin
Old
(Last edited by Gaffadin; 24th February 2014 at 12:33 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
I don't use Snapchat, so it isn't that for me.

I have tracked it down to Skype. Since I removed Skype last night I have not had the black screen on my camera. It will take a couple of days for me to conclusively believe that's what the issue is, but it's pointing towards that for me right now. Skype was updated on Play just a few days ago, around the same time this started happening.

nexus9988
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Same issue for me. Seems to be in the any apps including the main camera apk. Happened right after i did a gapps update from paranoids beta rom updater. Wonder if it has to do with a new gapps?

Gaffadin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus9988 View Post
Same issue for me. Seems to be in the any apps including the main camera apk. wonder if it has to do with a new gapps?
For me the problem was Skype; once I removed it my camera returned to normal. Other people said Snapchat also gave the same issue, although I don't use that.

nexus9988
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffadin View Post
For me the problem was Skype; once I removed it my camera returned to normal. Other people said Snapchat also gave the same issue, although I don't use that.
Hmm...don't have skype but have snapchat...Removed and camera is working...will i be able to redownload snapchat or will this happen all the time now?

Gaffadin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus9988 View Post
Hmm...don't have skype but have snapchat...Removed and camera is working...will i be able to redownload snapchat or will this happen all the time now?
If it's a bug in Snapchat they'll need to fix it (might want to email and let them know, if they don't already). I don't care about Skype enough to do so, but whenever they update it I'll see if their new version has the same issue.

dahool
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Here, I've deleted the data from skype and everything went back to normal..

zard_cz
Old
(Last edited by zard_cz; 13th March 2014 at 01:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahool View Post
Here, I've deleted the data from skype and everything went back to normal..
Same problem here.. do not have snapchat, but do have Skype - cleared cahce&data&force-closed.. Let's see if it helps!

EDIT:
there was more info on this issue - look at "Nexus 5 battery drain issue acknowledged by Google, fix coming soon" article (cannot post links yet)

Shark_125
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zard_cz View Post
Same problem here.. do not have snapchat, but do have Skype - cleared cahce&data&force-closed.. Let's see if it helps!

EDIT:
there was more info on this issue - look at "Nexus 5 battery drain issue acknowledged by Google, fix coming soon" article (cannot post links yet)
I also don't have snapchat but i do have skype. I also had no problems before but now i get the problem every 1-2 days and i have the battery drain problem too...

psudeke
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I get the same issue with any ROM, but I did notice that clearing the 'media storage' data does fix the problem temporarily. Of course, it also wipes out the albums listed in PlayerPro and you end up having to force the media scanner to run again to get them back. But hopefully this helps someone out until a permanent fix is available

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tags
nexus 5 camera problem