5,605,835 Members 47,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] car dock designed specifically for Nexus 5?

Tip us?

daoist
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] car dock designed specifically for Nexus 5?

Sorry if there's a thread that directly addresses this. Point me at it if there is! I searched but didn't find one.

I don't see any car mounts for the nexus 5 specifically. All I can find are fugly universal mounts. If I wanted to "mount" my phone via a gaint chip-clip, I'd just get a giant chip clip. Anyhow, I'm looking for a car mount designed specifically for the Nexus 5. Anyone have a link to one?

I really like the DIY wireless charging mount mods, but I worry about using magnets alone to hold my phone in place. I plan on getting a cheap mechanical mount (e.g. slot, clips) and adding Qi to that.

mmmmBACON
Old
Thanks Meter 584
I use the Infiniapps Magnetic CD slot mount. It's not designed specifically for the Nexus 5, but it's not bulky or a hassle to use. Also, since the plates in the phone line up well with the magnets in the mount; you don't need to clamp it or anything. Just put the middle of the phone against it and it holds in place just fine. Portrait or landscape isn't a problem. No problems on bumpy rides or anything either.

I personally won't use Qi chargers in the car, as I use navigation a lot and stream music all the time. Don't want to have problems with heat. This mount doesn't get in the way, just pop in a USB cable to an Anker car charger and you're good to go.
Tags
car dock, car mount, cradle