Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Carbon Fibers?

Tip us?

tysonwald
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Carbon Fibers?

I installed carbon rom and loved the carbon fibers settings, but the rom kept crashing and i had to go back to pa android. i also love pa android but want more tun-ability. Is there an apk or way to install carbon fibers in pa android or something similar?

thank you!

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1946

DONATE TO ME
The carbon rom kept crashing because you didn't wipe everything prior to it's installation. Did you wipe data, clear dalvic, format system and then flash the carbon rom and gapps??

tysonwald
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
The carbon rom kept crashing because you didn't wipe everything prior to it's installation. Did you wipe data, clear dalvic, format system and then flash the carbon rom and gapps??
I wiped everything. This isnt my first rodeo flashing roms. i have carbon on my nexus 7 with no issues. on my nexus 5 the keyboard keeps crashing.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1946

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonwald View Post
I wiped everything. This isnt my first rodeo flashing roms. i have carbon on my nexus 7 with no issues. on my nexus 5 the keyboard keeps crashing.
Since you said the rom kept crashing, I thought you referred to the Android system fcs. Changing the keyboard might have solved it...

About the carbon settings apk... If the carbon settings in integrated to rom, then it won't work on any other roms even if you manage to find its apk and install it.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonwald View Post
I installed carbon rom and loved the carbon fibers settings, but the rom kept crashing and i had to go back to pa android. i also love pa android but want more tun-ability. Is there an apk or way to install carbon fibers in pa android or something similar?

thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Since you said the rom kept crashing, I thought you referred to the Android system fcs. Changing the keyboard might have solved it...

About the carbon settings apk... If the carbon settings in integrated to rom, then it won't work on any other roms even if you manage to find its apk and install it.
It's integrated within Settings.apk and in the framework itself. "Carbon Fibers" is just the menu in which you toggle/customize your options. Each ROM has it's own "customizations".

Carbon is mostly "stable"; nightly builds but most are daily-driver capable. You probably forgot to wipe or something. I have never experienced instability with the official ROM, only some in my own personal build when experimenting with things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

Dawnut
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just revert back to Carbon, and if your keyboard keeps crashing again, just download Google Keyboard from the play store.Simple as that. I had this issue myself, but upgrading to the next nightly fixed it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk