Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

carbon rom

Tip us?

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
Carbon Delta "should" be keeping your storage. Also in recent builds of Carbon they added the option to keep data/Xposed/density when flashing a new nightly (Persistence in Carbon Fibers). If you can still move files to your internal storage then it's definitely not a corrupt partition.

I'm not sure why it wiped your internal storage, sorry. Did you delete any folders in your storage when connected to a PC?
oh thats wat it means huh i saw this new option(enable persistance) in the carbon fibers menu. and no dude i did not delete any file.no prob and thaks for spending time on this. i'm not gonna update carbon for another 6 months lol

and i jst saw this in contact list the contacts pics are alphabets(for those i dont have pics). i want the earlier thing i there a way to get that. if i get the contacts app from the previous nightly and move it into the system will that work .

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackuse View Post
oh thats wat it means huh i saw this new option(enable persistance) in the carbon fibers menu. and no dude i did not delete any file.no prob and thaks for spending time on this. i'm not gonna update carbon for another 6 months lol

and i jst saw this in contact list the contacts pics are alphabets(for those i dont have pics). i want the earlier thing i there a way to get that. if i get the contacts app from the previous nightly and move it into the system will that work .
You can't change the contact list automatic pictures, it was a change made in AOSP for 4.4.3, to match the same placeholder image as in the Gmail app. (1st letter of contact's name). You can try taking one out from an old nightly but that will probably break things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
You can't change the contact list automatic pictures, it was a change made in AOSP for 4.4.3, to match the same placeholder image as in the Gmail app. (1st letter of contact's name). You can try taking one out from an old nightly but that will probably break things.
Oh ... ok.