FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Is the Carrier version unlocked?

Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Rasumgal, Junior Member on 15th February 2014, 10:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have scoured the net but find conflicting answers. Is the Tmobile version of the Nexus 5 locked down to T Mobile? I know the Play Store version is unlocked (as with all Nexus devices obviously), but what about the carrier versions?
 
 
15th February 2014, 10:50 PM |#2  
WarningHPB's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
As far as I know they should be unlocked.
15th February 2014, 10:51 PM |#3  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasumgal

I have scoured the net but find conflicting answers. Is the Tmobile version of the Nexus 5 locked down to T Mobile? I know the Play Store version is unlocked (as with all Nexus devices obviously), but what about the carrier versions?

first of, questions go into the q&a section, not general http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2477886
2nd, you must not have searched too hard, lol.
3rd, its the exact same phone(16gb) that you buy at the play store or tmobile. all they do is sell it, they do not add any software or bloatware to it.
they are all carrier unlocked. you can buy it at tmobile and use it on att if you want.
16th February 2014, 01:19 AM |#4  
md1008's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 341
 
More
The T-Mobile rep told me it's locked to T-Mobile I found out later it's not lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th February 2014, 02:00 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
I bought mine from Sprint, and it is unlocked. Also, since the N5 is cool like that, it even works 100% with AT&T and T-mobile (which I use now, same phone)
16th February 2014, 03:10 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerv8765

I bought mine from Sprint, and it is unlocked. Also, since the N5 is cool like that, it even works 100% with AT&T and T-mobile (which I use now, same phone)







Quote:
Originally Posted by md1008

The T-Mobile rep told me it's locked to T-Mobile I found out later it's not lol

Thank you both. This is exactly what I was hoping. I was curious about the Sprint version as I currently have them, but don't want to be tied to them because they suck and plan on switching to Tmobile or AT&T but don't want to buy a phone if I don't have to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 05:44 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasumgal

I have scoured the net but find conflicting answers. Is the Tmobile version of the Nexus 5 locked down to T Mobile? I know the Play Store version is unlocked (as with all Nexus devices obviously), but what about the carrier versions?

I know the Bell version is unlocked, but I'm not ware of the others. What carrier did you get the device from?
16th February 2014, 05:52 AM |#8  
jball's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amber
Thanks Meter: 307
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasumgal

Thank you both. This is exactly what I was hoping. I was curious about the Sprint version as I currently have them, but don't want to be tied to them because they suck and plan on switching to Tmobile or AT&T but don't want to buy a phone if I don't have to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

AT&T man

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes