Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 45,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the Carrier version unlocked?

Tip us?

Rasumgal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Is the Carrier version unlocked?

I have scoured the net but find conflicting answers. Is the Tmobile version of the Nexus 5 locked down to T Mobile? I know the Play Store version is unlocked (as with all Nexus devices obviously), but what about the carrier versions?

WarningHPB
Old
Thanks Meter 3
As far as I know they should be unlocked.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasumgal View Post
I have scoured the net but find conflicting answers. Is the Tmobile version of the Nexus 5 locked down to T Mobile? I know the Play Store version is unlocked (as with all Nexus devices obviously), but what about the carrier versions?
first of, questions go into the q&a section, not general http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2477886
2nd, you must not have searched too hard, lol.
3rd, its the exact same phone(16gb) that you buy at the play store or tmobile. all they do is sell it, they do not add any software or bloatware to it.
they are all carrier unlocked. you can buy it at tmobile and use it on att if you want.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

md1008
Old
Thanks Meter 257
The T-Mobile rep told me it's locked to T-Mobile I found out later it's not lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nerv8765
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I bought mine from Sprint, and it is unlocked. Also, since the N5 is cool like that, it even works 100% with AT&T and T-mobile (which I use now, same phone)

Rasumgal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerv8765 View Post
I bought mine from Sprint, and it is unlocked. Also, since the N5 is cool like that, it even works 100% with AT&T and T-mobile (which I use now, same phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by md1008 View Post
The T-Mobile rep told me it's locked to T-Mobile I found out later it's not lol
Thank you both. This is exactly what I was hoping. I was curious about the Sprint version as I currently have them, but don't want to be tied to them because they suck and plan on switching to Tmobile or AT&T but don't want to buy a phone if I don't have to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sanvido
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I know the Bell version is unlocked, but I'm not ware of the others. What carrier did you get the device from?

jball
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Thank you both. This is exactly what I was hoping. I was curious about the Sprint version as I currently have them, but don't want to be tied to them because they suck and plan on switching to Tmobile or AT&T but don't want to buy a phone if I don't have to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
AT&T man

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk