Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What carriers does the Nexus 5 work with?

Tip us?

shiznoroe88
Old
(Last edited by shiznoroe88; 26th April 2014 at 02:43 PM.) Reason: Did some Net10 to Straight Talk plan comparisons.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] What carriers does the Nexus 5 work with?

I have a Nexus 5 and currently use Net10 with AT&T towers. Where I live AT&T doesn't have the best coverage. I would love to be on Verizon but I have been told that is impossible with the Nexus 5. What carriers can I use the Nexus 5 with and how good are they in speed, coverage, price, and amount of data(data cap)? Does anybody have Straight Talk with the Nexus 5 and how good is it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Don't need any info on Straight Talk anymore. Compared it to Net10 and it is basically the exact same thing with minor plan differences. I would still like to know about any other carriers though.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,765
Just not verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
There is an entire thread dedicated to straight talk.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...hread-t2581840

shiznoroe88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Don't need any info on Straight Talk anymore. Compared it to Net10 and it is basically the exact same thing with minor plan differences. I would still like to know about any other carriers though.

Kreateablaze
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznoroe88 View Post
Don't need any info on Straight Talk anymore. Compared it to Net10 and it is basically the exact same thing with minor plan differences. I would still like to know about any other carriers though.
It all depends on your location. Att is great where I live, that's why I still use att.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznoroe88 View Post
It works on every carrier except Verizon. This isn't really a carrier comparison forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

paperWastage
Old
Thanks Meter 395
As other people said, the USA version of Nexus 5 work with ANY GSM Carrier (T-mobile, at&t, any of their prepaid / MVNO partners)... just need to swap the sim card

For CDMA, works with Sprint (and SOME of it's MVNO partners). Ting supports it, but not Boost Mobile

Doesn't work with Verizon or any of it's MVNO.
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel