Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Cataclysm probably won't be updated. Which ROM is similar?

OP floepie

12th March 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 387

1,827 posts
More
With the dev nowhere in sight and with the impending KK update looming, I can only guess that Cataclysm probably won't make the jump. Has anyone toyed with other ROMs? Just looking for something stock-like (no color schemes or changes to dpi) with added customization. I'm tempted by either Purity or Slim, but Purity is themed and Slim to my knowledge is both dark-themed and has an altered dpi. CM always seems to be so experimental with its odd bugs that crop up on builds. It could be that they're attempting to tackle too many devices. I know I can simply try them one by one, but specifically looking for experiences from former Cataclysm users. Thanks...
12th March 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,798

10,873 posts
Try some to see which you like best. I wouldn't give up on cataclysm. What you like may not be what I like so you're going to have to figure that out.

Sent from my Nexus 5
12th March 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,248

8,819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by floepie

With the dev nowhere in sight and with the impending KK update looming, I can only guess that Cataclysm probably won't make the jump. Has anyone toyed with other ROMs? Just looking for something stock-like (no color schemes or changes to dpi) with added customization. I'm tempted by either Purity or Slim, but Purity is themed and Slim to my knowledge is both dark-themed and has an altered dpi. CM always seems to be so experimental with its odd bugs that crop up on builds. It could be that they're attempting to tackle too many devices. I know I can simply try them one by one, but specifically looking for experiences from former Cataclysm users. Thanks...

Cataclysm will only be updated after release of a updated version of android or for patching serious bugfixes, thats how they work.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 217

436 posts
Donate to Me
More
AOSPAL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 112

507 posts
More
Stock with xposed framework and gravity box add-on works great for me

Sent from my manta
The Following User Says Thank You to mymusicathome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #6  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 286

1,128 posts
More
Does anyone know a ROM that let's you customize the aosp keyboard where you can add number keys on the top. I've tried various ROMs but only cataclysm seems to have that kind of option.
13th March 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #7  
Flag RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
Thanks Meter: 936

4,341 posts
More
i truly hope Cataclysm is updated when Android updates.. best rom in my eyes.. been running it since it dropped i have flashed other roms but only last a few hours on other roms..
13th March 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #8  
Flag Atlanta, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 702

1,553 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Cataclysm will only be updated after release of a updated version of android or for patching serious bugfixes, thats how they work.

we'll see. . .

OP: I use Paranoid Android now and they're stick close to stock when they add features. I would suggest checking it out, I've been incredibly happy and it gives the best battery in my experience

The Following User Says Thank You to Enddo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread