cataclysm rom

OP local_root

17th March 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

76 posts
More
Hey guys,

I have a question..i want to move to cataclysm rom but i check his thread it has not been update or edited from last december?so this rom is supported by devloper ?does it will get update when new update available from google?
17th March 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag 3.137136,101.594663
Thanks Meter: 412

1,763 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by local_root

Hey guys,

I have a question..i want to move to cataclysm rom but i check his thread it has not been update or edited from last december?so this rom is supported by devloper ?does it will get update when new update available from google?

developer is on a hiatus I think. Try other roms first. wait till the thread gets active again before flashing.
17th March 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,736

6,176 posts
There's nothing to update. It's stock rom with a few extras. Hence no activity

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
17th March 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 365

1,748 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

There's nothing to update. It's stock rom with a few extras. Hence no activity

See, this is where I'm a little fuzzy. Stock Google is simpy AOSP + Google's closed source apps - dialer, camera, play services, etc. What then is the difference between a ROM such as cataclysm which adds customization to the AOSP / Stock ROM and another AOSP-based ROM which adds customization, but requires you to flash Gapps in a separate package?

Is it simply that the other "non-stock AOSP-based" ROMs modify the open-sourced files within the ROM, and Cataclysm does not? But, then again, I can't imagine that the open-sourced files in Cataclysm were NOT modified in order to achieve its vast customization possibilities.
17th March 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 195

802 posts
More
Quote:

Hey guys,

The moderator had to close the thread because of all the shenanigans going on. When Google updates, he will update the ROM, we hope, nobody has seen him but personally, after reading some of the post by people I would tell them all to go pound sand.
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

76 posts
More
anyway thanks for your reply guys

i am on stock rom+xposed framework+trinity kernel..have all what a custom rom offers..but missing cataclysm inbult IncallBlocker
17th March 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,736

6,176 posts
Quote:

anyway thanks for your reply guys

i am on stock rom+xposed framework+trinity kernel..have all what a custom rom offers..but missing cataclysm inbult IncallBlocker

So use it. I am as are many others still. It's no different than stock rom update wise. You haven't had one. Nor have we

17th March 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,224

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
You don't flash gapps on cataclysm. Read the OP. It's stock based and updates when we get Google updates. If anything when the previous updates came out, he was the fastest to update the rom out of the roms at that time.

The Following User Says Thank You to FuMMoD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #9  
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 68

1,365 posts
More
Cataclysm is a great ROM.
18th March 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMMoD

You don't flash gapps on cataclysm. Read the OP. It's stock based and updates when we get Google updates. If anything when the previous updates came out, he was the fastest to update the rom out of the roms at that time.

thread was closed so i thout devloper is not active ..so i thout he closed support..so are you sure it will get update when google will release new updates?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread