Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change DPI for apps/contents/text

Tip us?

hihihehe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Change DPI for apps/contents/text

Hi there

I managed to change the dpi to 440 in build.prop and it looks lood for the icon size but the contents like Chrome,etc still showing the default size. I compare it with my old S3 and I would prefer a smaller size. ANy idea?

Jsparta26
Old
Thanks Meter 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihihehe View Post
Hi there

I managed to change the dpi to 440 in build.prop and it looks lood for the icon size but the contents like Chrome,etc still showing the default size. I compare it with my old S3 and I would prefer a smaller size. ANy idea?
Hello there. Unfortunately I don't know of any app that can do what you are asking about. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Lol
Anyways that function is a common feature on paranoid android. Not sure if they implemented it yet. Wouldn't hurt to go over to their thread and check it out for yourself
[/SIGPIC] How many noobs does it take to get the answers they want? I say 4. One to Attempt to use a PC. Second one to download the wrong files. Third one to brick their device. The 4th to come on here crying about his device being bricked.

hihihehe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparta26 View Post
Hello there. Unfortunately I don't know of any app that can do what you are asking about. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Lol
Anyways that function is a common feature on paranoid android. Not sure if they implemented it yet. Wouldn't hurt to go over to their thread and check it out for yourself
so there is no way to makes the text size inside the apps looks smaller/match with the resolution size? changing the dpi only reflects the homescreen icon,etc but not the content inside the apps

Jsparta26
Old
Thanks Meter 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihihehe View Post
so there is no way to makes the text size inside the apps looks smaller/match with the resolution size? changing the dpi only reflects the homescreen icon,etc but not the content inside the apps
Omg I misunderstood your problem. Yes there's ways to do that. For system text reduction there's an option in display and lights under settings that can do that. I also believe nova launcher is capable of doing that too.
[/SIGPIC] How many noobs does it take to get the answers they want? I say 4. One to Attempt to use a PC. Second one to download the wrong files. Third one to brick their device. The 4th to come on here crying about his device being bricked.

hihihehe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparta26 View Post
Omg I misunderstood your problem. Yes there's ways to do that. For system text reduction there's an option in display and lights under settings that can do that. I also believe nova launcher is capable of doing that too.
not really my point. eg. when i go into chrome and view the same page with my S3, they both showing the same text size eventhough the N5 is fullhd and S3 is 720p. can i make it to show more contents compare to S3?

jwhyte
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Have you tried xposed per app DPI? You will have to be on dalvik since it's not compatible with art.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hihihehe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhyte View Post
Have you tried xposed per app DPI? You will have to be on dalvik since it's not compatible with art.

No as I would like to get OTA on the spot instead of waiting for it.

jwhyte
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Just uninstall xposed when ota shows up