App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Change DPI for apps/contents/text

27th January 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

235 posts
More
Hi there

I managed to change the dpi to 440 in build.prop and it looks lood for the icon size but the contents like Chrome,etc still showing the default size. I compare it with my old S3 and I would prefer a smaller size. ANy idea?
27th January 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 587

1,399 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihihehe

Hi there

I managed to change the dpi to 440 in build.prop and it looks lood for the icon size but the contents like Chrome,etc still showing the default size. I compare it with my old S3 and I would prefer a smaller size. ANy idea?

Hello there. Unfortunately I don't know of any app that can do what you are asking about. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Lol
Anyways that function is a common feature on paranoid android. Not sure if they implemented it yet. Wouldn't hurt to go over to their thread and check it out for yourself
27th January 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparta26

Hello there. Unfortunately I don't know of any app that can do what you are asking about. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Lol
Anyways that function is a common feature on paranoid android. Not sure if they implemented it yet. Wouldn't hurt to go over to their thread and check it out for yourself

so there is no way to makes the text size inside the apps looks smaller/match with the resolution size? changing the dpi only reflects the homescreen icon,etc but not the content inside the apps
27th January 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 587

1,399 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihihehe

so there is no way to makes the text size inside the apps looks smaller/match with the resolution size? changing the dpi only reflects the homescreen icon,etc but not the content inside the apps

Omg I misunderstood your problem. Yes there's ways to do that. For system text reduction there's an option in display and lights under settings that can do that. I also believe nova launcher is capable of doing that too.
27th January 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparta26

Omg I misunderstood your problem. Yes there's ways to do that. For system text reduction there's an option in display and lights under settings that can do that. I also believe nova launcher is capable of doing that too.

not really my point. eg. when i go into chrome and view the same page with my S3, they both showing the same text size eventhough the N5 is fullhd and S3 is 720p. can i make it to show more contents compare to S3?
27th January 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #6  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 400

1,044 posts
More
Have you tried xposed per app DPI? You will have to be on dalvik since it's not compatible with art.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhyte

Have you tried xposed per app DPI? You will have to be on dalvik since it's not compatible with art.

No as I would like to get OTA on the spot instead of waiting for it.
28th January 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #8  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 400

1,044 posts
More
Just uninstall xposed when ota shows up

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread