Hot Phone...

OP dave2metz

10th July 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Florida
Thanks Meter: 175

1,158 posts
More
Hello. My Nexus 5 has been getting really hot while watching movies. I am using a SlimPort to display video to my TV. I am also charging my phone through the Slimport as well. In the past, my phone would get warm, but never so hot that my phone powers down. I have been using the same SlimKat Rom, so nothing has changed as far as that. Would changing any of the CPU settings help in any way? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th July 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,845

26,233 posts
first off, by hot you mean what temp? CPU and/or battery temp.

now, while you are watching movies, its normal for it to warm up quite a bit. if you add to that being plugged in charging, it can get down right hot. but there are 2 safeties features in place so that you dont worry. first is the thermal throttle, which will reduce your CPU speed to cool down your device. if that doesn't stop the warming up, you have the battery temp safety shutdown and the CPU temp safety shutdown. battery temp shutdown is when your battery reaches 60C, and CPU temp shutdown is when your CPU reaches 105C. but really, just realize that when you are charging, and using your phone, it can get really hot, and that's normal.
10th July 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 321

1,377 posts
More
It may just be warmer weather which has your phone running warmer then before. Does SlimKat alter thermal throttling limits?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread