Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Checking before Upgrading

Tip us?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,269
I've never tried Trinity....its a performance leaning kernel right? I've seen your impressive benchmarks. Lol

Its the only one I'm ascared to try....cause I'm a mega battery life buff.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
I've never tried Trinity....its a performance leaning kernel right? I've seen your impressive benchmarks. Lol

Its the only one I'm ascared to try....cause I'm a mega battery life buff.
its actually a pro user experience kernel, just happens that performance is part of it
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
its actually a pro user experience kernel, just happens that performance is part of it
I'm not a pro. Lol

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

4 cores running. If I can't get 24 plus hours and 6 hours SoT....on out. Lol

Obviously a great choice for gamers and heavy multi taskers. 👍

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Sorry for the off topic BTW. Lol. 😜

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,157
Quote:
I'm not a pro. Lol

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

4 cores running. If I can't get 24 plus hours and 6 hours SoT....on out. Lol

Obviously a great choice for gamers and heavy multi taskers. 👍
pro as meaning for

i get 4.5-5.5 hours sot at 2265mhz/300mhz, and dont do anything to get better battery. granted, my signal quality here in nyc is exceptional(which plays a role in battery life). the using all 4 cores constantly is deceptive. really, the only difference is whether it hotplugs or not. normally it does, trinity doesnt. when hotplugging, the cores are constantly being turned off and on, constantly. trinity doesnt waste the time turning them on and off constantly. this saving time is also saving little bits of battery. everything else works the same, itll only use 2 cores if it wants to, like normally. it just wont turn off the other 2. this also has a side affect of added snappiness
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,269
Quote:
pro as meaning for

i get 4.5-5.5 hours sot at 2265mhz/300mhz, and dont do anything to get better battery. granted, my signal quality here in nyc is exceptional(which plays a role in battery life). the using all 4 cores constantly is deceptive. really, the only difference is whether it hotplugs or not. normally it does, trinity doesnt. when hotplugging, the cores are constantly being turned off and on, constantly. trinity doesnt waste the time turning them on and off constantly. this saving time is also saving little bits of battery. everything else works the same, itll only use 2 cores if it wants to, like normally. it just wont turn off the other 2. this also has a side affect of added snappiness
Well, I always say I'll get similar fantastic battery times on any rom or kernel out there. (When I hear "what's the best rom or kernel for battery" I cringe....Lol)

I'll give trinity a whack and see how it goes. Like I said, I've never tried it. And I like to try everything!

I'll give it a good few days, see how it feels.

Thanks my friend! 🍻

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
(Last edited by simms22; 24th June 2014 at 02:06 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,157
Quote:
Well, I always say I'll get similar fantastic battery times on any rom or kernel out there. (When I hear "what's the best rom or kernel for battery" I cringe....Lol)

I'll give trinity a whack and see how it goes. Like I said, I've never tried it. And I like to try everything!

I'll give it a good few days, see how it feels.

Thanks my friend! ��
omg, me too. i get the exact same battery life on every kernel ive tried. and i tell people all the time, kernels make little difference, unless its a terribly coded kernel. but, as you know most of the average users dont know, and are on the constant search for the magic pill. i admit, once a bit back, i was one on the search as well(but learned). but it doesnt exist. most of the "magic pill" really depends on them themselves or the quality of the data/phone connection around them.

and on another part, i dont push trinity kernel onto people. i used to, not anymore. because it doesn't matter. people should always use whats they enjoy most and what their phones like best. thats whats important. trinity(like rastakat) is made for us and our friends to enjoy. just happens that we enjoy sharing it as well. if someone wants to use it, they are more than welcome. if not, that's cool as well
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,269
Quote:
omg, me too. i get the exact same battery life on every kernel ive tried. and i tell people all the time, kernels make little difference, unless its a terribly coded kernel. but, as you know most of the average users dont know, and are on the constant search for the magic pill. i admit, once a bit back, i was one on the search as well(but learned). but it doesnt exist. most of the "magic pill" really depends on them themselves or the quality of the data/phone connection around them.

and on another part, i dont push trinity kernel onto people. i used to, not anymore. because it doesn't matter. people should always use whats they enjoy most and what their phones like best. thats whats important. trinity(like rastakat) is made for us and our friends to enjoy. just happens that we enjoy sharing it as well. if someone wants to use it, they are more than welcome. if not, that's cool as well
Completely agree with first paragraph. Exactly!!

And if you get good battery life on anything, trinity included....then I've had the wrong idea about it. Gonna flash it when I get a chance.

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]