Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

choppy 720/1080 60 fps video streaming

Tip us?

-GabrielKnight-
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default choppy 720/1080 60 fps video streaming

Hello, I'm new here
I just noticed that 1080 and 720 videos at 60 fps have become choppy on my nexus 5.
I can't post links, but gamersyde 720/1080 60 fps videos (i.e. the Mario Kart 8 ones), for example.
Until some time ago my nexus played the streaming perfectly, without a single frame drop or stutter. Even 1080/60 videos from the same site. Now they have become choppy... could someone try and see if it is an issue from my phone? If so, what could it be?
Thanks

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GabrielKnight- View Post
Hello, I'm new here
I just noticed that 1080 and 720 videos at 60 fps have become choppy on my nexus 5.
I can't post links, but gamersyde 720/1080 60 fps videos (i.e. the Mario Kart 8 ones), for example.
Until some time ago my nexus played the streaming perfectly, without a single frame drop or stutter. Even 1080/60 videos from the same site. Now they have become choppy... could someone try and see if it is an issue from my phone? If so, what could it be?
Thanks
It could just be whatever service you're streaming from, or your connection. Are you sure it's definitely your device causing the issue? Any sort of streaming works fine for me with no issues whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

-GabrielKnight-
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using the same connection I have always used. Aniway, if I download instead of streaming, the framerate is perfect

-GabrielKnight-
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have tried other connections, but the results where the same: videos streaming at 720 or 1080 at 60 fps, that played perfectly until some time ago, now stutter

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GabrielKnight- View Post
I have tried other connections, but the results where the same: videos streaming at 720 or 1080 at 60 fps, that played perfectly until some time ago, now stutter
Can you do a speed test to make sure the connection speeds are not too low? Sometimes WiFI has issues reaching its potential speed.

For instance my WiFi should be about 16Mbps down, however from time to time my phone is unable to pull more than 4Mbps but it only really becomes apparent if I'm trying to stream high quality video.

I can fix it by either going into Airplane mode and back, or disabling mobile data while using WiFi which technically happens automatically but can still be used as a work around.
W32

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,328
Also, you'll get choppy results if the video has DTS audio over the network without using a custom codec.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk < Yes, I want you to know that I'm using a mobile client
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.