Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] chrome display issue

Tip us?

NuckFuggets
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] chrome display issue

this has been going on for a while now, but on some websites, especially xda, when I go into a thread the very first post as well as some other posts look jumbled together. is there any way to fix this? it's so annoying cuz I have to wait like 3 years for it to go to normal

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-24-01-25-06.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	2646936  

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckFuggets View Post
this has been going on for a while now, but on some websites, especially xda, when I go into a thread the very first post as well as some other posts look jumbled together. is there any way to fix this? it's so annoying cuz I have to wait like 3 years for it to go to normal

thanks!
Flip your phone into landscape view. It goes away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

bjoostema
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:

thanks!
I had this happening too! I was driving me crazy as sometimes it wouldn't do it, but 99% of the time it did. Mine personally never straightened out, even in landscape mode...but that may just be my phone. Nexi seem to have individual quirks haha. I eventually had to abandon chrome due to this and the com.sandbox process draining the hell outta my browser. If it doesn't resolve, I recommend to you Next Browser. Has pretty much all the same features and I have yet to have any glitches on it like I did on Chrome.

Brandon

NuckFuggets
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
oh alright. thanks guys

surrealjam
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:

thanks!
I get this as well - I presume everyone does. For me I've only ever seen it on XDA... looks like it's been reported via the Chromium bug tracker...

See here: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/i...tail?id=348798

seeeb
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i have a chrome issue where the browser would always "stutter" a bit in the beginning of a scroll.

when i tap onscreen and pull downwards keeping my finger on the screen everything is smooth.

anyone else having this?

swich2mac
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:

thanks!

I have the same issue here on XDA as well.

Onismurai
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Well I will switch to any browser that has the same performance as Chrome has also didn't have this issue. So annoying. But Chrome (I use the Beta one) is the fastest browser in KitKat I would say. It's not like another browser wasn't good, but chrome is really fast and smooth. Naked Browser is great but I hate it's interface. Too ugly.

P/S: whenever you want to get out of that font issue, switch to landscape and then switch back. It's gone right away for me
Nexus's Lover

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Quote:
...on some websites, especially xda...
On what sites other than xda does it occur, please?

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

NuckFuggets
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onismurai View Post
Well I will switch to any browser that has the same performance as Chrome has also didn't have this issue. So annoying. But Chrome (I use the Beta one) is the fastest browser in KitKat I would say. It's not like another browser wasn't good, but chrome is really fast and smooth. Naked Browser is great but I hate it's interface. Too ugly.

P/S: whenever you want to get out of that font issue, switch to landscape and then switch back. It's gone right away for me

yeah same here, I tried using another browser but couldn't,I always came back to chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
On what sites other than xda does it occur, please?
I'm not sure,I didn't memorize any, I just know that sometimes when I'm browsing the web I get really annoyed when I see this haha