Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 47,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM Torch on AOSP

Tip us?

_MirageX_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] CM Torch on AOSP

Every android version since 2.3.6 to 4.4.2 I always took the torch apk from the latest CM nightly, ported on my aosp rom of choice, copied it in system/app, given permissions, rebooted and it worked. With 4.4.3 I tried a bunch of apks (Milestone 6, latest nightly, Milestone 1), no one seem to work with my rom which is pure AOSP. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this so, if someone has found a working cm torch apk under 4.4.3, could he post it here?
THanks in advance.
Current device: Nexus 5 (hammehead)
Rom: Stock rooted
Kernel: Big Bum

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MirageX_ View Post
Every android version since 2.3.6 to 4.4.2 I always took the torch apk from the latest CM nightly, ported on my aosp rom of choice, copied it in system/app, given permissions, rebooted and it worked. With 4.4.3 I tried a bunch of apks (Milestone 6, latest nightly, Milestone 1), no one seem to work with my rom which is pure AOSP. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this so, if someone has found a working cm torch apk under 4.4.3, could he post it here?
THanks in advance.
Wait for a ROM that has it to update to 4.4.3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

_MirageX_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Oh sorry I haven't been clear... I use that torch only for the high brightness option... Other torches like Purity one doesn't even show that option, that's why i use CM's one. It may seem stupid, but when you're looking for your place at cinema it's really helpful

Lethargy
Old
(Last edited by Lethargy; 10th June 2014 at 03:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MirageX_ View Post
Oh sorry I haven't been clear... I use that torch only for the high brightness option... Other torches like Purity one doesn't even show that option, that's why i use CM's one. It may seem stupid, but when you're looking for your place at cinema it's really helpful
I took the Torch.apk out of the latest CM11 nightly and it works fine on my own build of Carbon 4.4.3, I replaced it in /system/app with the right permissions.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

_MirageX_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks, I'll try now