[Q] CM Torch on AOSP

OP _MirageX_

9th June 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 20

116 posts
More
Every android version since 2.3.6 to 4.4.2 I always took the torch apk from the latest CM nightly, ported on my aosp rom of choice, copied it in system/app, given permissions, rebooted and it worked. With 4.4.3 I tried a bunch of apks (Milestone 6, latest nightly, Milestone 1), no one seem to work with my rom which is pure AOSP. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this so, if someone has found a working cm torch apk under 4.4.3, could he post it here?
THanks in advance.
9th June 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,340

3,812 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MirageX_

Every android version since 2.3.6 to 4.4.2 I always took the torch apk from the latest CM nightly, ported on my aosp rom of choice, copied it in system/app, given permissions, rebooted and it worked. With 4.4.3 I tried a bunch of apks (Milestone 6, latest nightly, Milestone 1), no one seem to work with my rom which is pure AOSP. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this so, if someone has found a working cm torch apk under 4.4.3, could he post it here?
THanks in advance.

Wait for a ROM that has it to update to 4.4.3?
9th June 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

116 posts
More
Oh sorry I haven't been clear... I use that torch only for the high brightness option... Other torches like Purity one doesn't even show that option, that's why i use CM's one. It may seem stupid, but when you're looking for your place at cinema it's really helpful
10th June 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,340

3,812 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MirageX_

Oh sorry I haven't been clear... I use that torch only for the high brightness option... Other torches like Purity one doesn't even show that option, that's why i use CM's one. It may seem stupid, but when you're looking for your place at cinema it's really helpful

I took the Torch.apk out of the latest CM11 nightly and it works fine on my own build of Carbon 4.4.3, I replaced it in /system/app with the right permissions.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Last edited by Lethargy; 10th June 2014 at 04:12 AM.
10th June 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

116 posts
More
Thanks, I'll try now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread