[Q] CM Torch on AOSP

Search This thread

_MirageX_

Apr 9, 2013
Turin
Every android version since 2.3.6 to 4.4.2 I always took the torch apk from the latest CM nightly, ported on my aosp rom of choice, copied it in system/app, given permissions, rebooted and it worked. With 4.4.3 I tried a bunch of apks (Milestone 6, latest nightly, Milestone 1), no one seem to work with my rom which is pure AOSP. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this so, if someone has found a working cm torch apk under 4.4.3, could he post it here?
THanks in advance.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Every android version since 2.3.6 to 4.4.2 I always took the torch apk from the latest CM nightly, ported on my aosp rom of choice, copied it in system/app, given permissions, rebooted and it worked. With 4.4.3 I tried a bunch of apks (Milestone 6, latest nightly, Milestone 1), no one seem to work with my rom which is pure AOSP. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this so, if someone has found a working cm torch apk under 4.4.3, could he post it here?
THanks in advance.

Wait for a ROM that has it to update to 4.4.3?

_MirageX_

Apr 9, 2013
Turin
Oh sorry I haven't been clear... I use that torch only for the high brightness option... Other torches like Purity one doesn't even show that option, that's why i use CM's one. It may seem stupid, but when you're looking for your place at cinema it's really helpful :D

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Oh sorry I haven't been clear... I use that torch only for the high brightness option... Other torches like Purity one doesn't even show that option, that's why i use CM's one. It may seem stupid, but when you're looking for your place at cinema it's really helpful :D

I took the Torch.apk out of the latest CM11 nightly and it works fine on my own build of Carbon 4.4.3, I replaced it in /system/app with the right permissions.

7y5uvy5u.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited: